US prison system proposes total social media ban for inmates, sparking First Amendment concerns

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
So to sum up...
You quoted a post of mine criticizing the way things are.
by stating essentially welp thats how things are.
and now you're trying to say i would be fool to not be aware how things are.

What exactly do you want to talk about?
Actually nevermind, negged

Inmates like you shouldn't be able to post. I support the motion in the OP.

:umad:

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Also I find it VERY interesting that former felons cannot vote and prisoners can't vote either.

What do they think will happen if they vote? :mjpls:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
i'm pretty sure you don't have first amendment rights in jail. losing access to instagram would seem like one of the consequences for robbing or killing

We're just gonna assume that the system is working perfectly and only guilty people are being punished.

To lock a mf up in the first place is the ultimate taking of rights. Freedom. The principle that America is based on. Your very ability to go where you want is taken away.

Any other rights that are lost are a small percent loss on top being put into a cage.

If you can legally put person in a cage, you can do anything short of physically harming them. And even then, plenty of inmates get physically abused and even killed. By the guards and by the other inmates (you'd imagine that the system would protect the inmates from being beaten, raped, or killed by other inmates).

In summary, stopping inmates from communicating is only slightly worse than the basic concept of prison. If we allow prison itself, then this detail is miniscule.

But. We know that the system is not perfect and plenty of people who don't deserve physical and mental abuse get subjected to it.

boogers

formerly boogerwolf
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa
Umm I work in prison, how tf they on social media? Cellphones prohibited and their tablets don't have access.

I actually think prisons just don't want them to possibly show the world what they actually live thru.
you should make a thread and tell us some stories. i love reading shyt like that