USHER RAYMOND STARS AS SUGAR RAY LEONARD IN 'HANDS OF STONE'

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
FIRST LOOK: USHER RAYMOND STARS AS SUGAR RAY LEONARD IN 'HANDS OF STONE'
Entertainment | Gerren Keith Gaynor | 04/20/2016 | 02:30 PM EDT

042016-centric-entertaiment-USHER-RAYMOND-STARS-AS-SUGAR-RAY-LEONARD-IN-HANDS-OF-STONE.jpg

(Photo: The Weinstein Company via Youtube)

Grammy-winning singer takes a stab at Oscar gold in his first leading role

Usher Raymond is making his return to the big screen in the Roberto Durán boxing biopic, Hands of Stone.

The 8-time Grammy-winning singer comes to life as boxer Sugar Ray Leonard in the film, which is his first leading role. In a trailer released this week, a slim-faced and chiseled Raymond seems to look and play the part well.

Leonard, considered one of the greatest boxers of all time, fought and defeated Durán twice. Those bouts will be re-enacted in the film.

The biopic also stars Jurnee Smollett-Bell as Leonard's wife Juanita Leonard, and Reg E. Cathey as Don King.

Three years ago, Raymond told Men's Health that he had to train every day for the role.

"My commitment to this character demands that I not only physically get ready, but also become him... The hair, the personality, the manner he conducts himself in — all that. He's an incredible man," he said.

Hands of Stone is set to premiere in theaters Aug. 26.

First Look: Usher Raymond Stars As Sugar Ray Leonard In 'Hands of Stone'

BezO

Highbrow
Daps
Reppin
NYC -> DC
:francis:

Do he got them hands tho
I just had words with this dude over seats in a theatre goin' to see Miles Ahead. I'm sure a bodyguard would've popped out of somewhere, but I wasn't far from findin' out if he picked up some skills.