Vanessa Bryant did not renew Kobe’s Nike contract...Kobe & Nike are done for now at least

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
U cant market them as Kobe’s

so his name and signature will be removed

and if Kobe own that logo. It’s a wrap for them shoes

Mamba "snake" trademark is for Nike, Mamba "M" logo is Kobe's.

Nike can do whatever they want and keep making shoes since NBA players are still wearing them like crazy.

Either way, the estate should've re-upped for like 5 years so people had a chance to get their hands on gear and not get fleeced by resellers and hypebeasts.

Someone on the estate side either felt some kinda way about these recent release rollouts or were responsible for not letting Nike go crazy with production. But I'm sure COVID had an effect on every Nike product so it was just a perfect storm that messed things up.

Still, maybe the Kobe rumors of him leaving Nike were true but it's still hard to believe since Nike lever lets their trademarks and designs leave. We saw that with Federer, Kawhi, Kanye and those Nike designers who went to Adidas. Nike nailed all of these people to the wall and didnt let them walk away with shyt that was their intellectual property.

The Jumpman/Nike marriage is a perfect one because it's mutually beneficial and neither will never leave each other. The same can't be said for other athletes like Neymar who will take a big bag and go and Nike knows that no athlete will every surpass MJ when it comes to their impact on the company so they will let them walk. Kobe leaving was an easy pill to swallow since he wasn't an active player. I guess we will never really know what was what.

With that said, no other brand will get to produce Kobe shoes and I guess people will kinda sorta want the Mamba "M" gear but they will want the shyt they saw Kobe wear with the swoosh on it.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO

Nike can do whatever they want and keep making shoes since NBA players are still wearing them like crazy.

Either way, the estate should've re-upped for like 5 years so people had a chance to get their hands on gear and not get fleeced by resellers and hypebeasts.

Someone on the estate side either felt some kinda way about these recent release rollouts or were responsible for not letting Nike go crazy with production. But I'm sure COVID had an effect on every Nike product so it was just a perfect storm that messed things up.

Still, maybe the Kobe rumors of him leaving Nike were true but it's still hard to believe since Nike lever lets their trademarks and designs leave. We saw that with Federer, Kawhi, Kanye and those Nike designers who went to Adidas. Nike nailed all of these people to the wall and didnt let them walk away with shyt that was their intellectual property.

The Jumpman/Nike marriage is a perfect one because it's mutually beneficial and neither will never leave each other. The same can't be said for other athletes like Neymar who will take a big bag and go and Nike knows that no athlete will every surpass MJ when it comes to their impact on the company so they will let them walk. Kobe leaving was an easy pill to swallow since he wasn't an active player. I guess we will never really know what was what.

With that said, no other brand will get to produce Kobe shoes and I guess people will kinda sorta want the Mamba "M" gear but they will want the shyt they saw Kobe wear with the swoosh on it.
Kobe signature is a staple and his jersey numbers. Without that the shoe is a shoe

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Take the emotion out of it
Why does Nike need to reup with Vanessa when they already own the retros
The newer Kobe “AD” are horrible and the name is obviously is not viable anymore
Adidas rereleased the Crazy 8s multiple times after Kobe left

Exactly.

Why do they need to cut any check for their on intellectual property :gucci:

Their designs, their logos, their shoes and they can (and have) been doing retros already + a big chunk of the league keep the shoes in demand.

Just like the didnt let Kanye walk away with the OG Yeezys. He didnt design those shyts and to this day those are still the best Yeezys. But that's the nature of the game. No one person is bigger than the company.

Money Be Green

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Pitts
Maybe we can finally get a retro of these :banderas:

adidas-kobe-2

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Exactly.

Why do they need to cut any check for their on intellectual property :gucci:

Their designs, their logos, their shoes and they can (and have) been doing retros already + a big chunk of the league keep the shoes in demand.

Just like the didnt let Kanye walk away with the OG Yeezys. He didnt design those shyts and to this day those are still the best Yeezys. But that's the nature of the game. No one person is bigger than the company.
It ain’t about being the bigger than the company. Me being a Kobe shoe collector. If Nike release his shoes without his signature details. They gonna fail big time.

imagine buying a Kobe jersey with just his number and not his name on the back. Not too many gonna want to buy that shyt.

I hope his 2k contract is tight because man that would suck not having him in the game

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Take the emotion out of it
Why does Nike need to reup with Vanessa when they already own the retros
The newer Kobe “AD” are horrible and the name is obviously is not viable anymore
Adidas rereleased the Crazy 8s multiple times after Kobe left
lmao more like why does vanessa need to reup with nike

:wow:

lib123

All Star
Daps
Adidas partnership similar to Yeezy Brand makes the most sense. They can play up the nostalgia of being with Kobe during his rise as a teenager. Commercials of 96 workouts, draft and BTS footage of young hungry Kobe. Impact would be massive

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps

thats not the estates problem that's on Nike an dhow they release the shoes

vanessa also mentioned on IG that she talked to Nike about making the shoes more available

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Nike, sources said, had presented an extension offer that was not in line with expectations or of an ongoing "lifetime" structure like the Nike Inc. contracts held by both Michael Jordan and LeBron James.

"My hope will always be to allow Kobe's fans to get and wear his products," Vanessa Bryant said. "I will continue to fight for that. Kobe's products sell out in seconds. That says everything.

"I was hoping to forge a lifelong partnership with Nike that reflects my husband's legacy. We will always do everything we can to honor Kobe and Gigi's legacies. That will never change."

Nike some hoes for not giving the Bryant estate via Vanessa a lifetime contract :hhh:

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
id go somewhere in the middle

nike gave lebron a billion dollar lifetime shoe deal

kobe is dead... I'd play hardball and want a huge portion of ownership, the billion for lifetime deal and a 20 year renegotiation price.

that all boils down to if nike owns all the old shyt, if they do I'd stay with them to umbrella my product ... I wouldnt completely jump out of nike marketing for "mamba" if I didnt have a solid 10 year plan and an actual concept better than the last 15 years.... he already has classic shoes people want. Seperating would leave you out to dry depending on ownership of the old models with them. I wouldnt want to create something from the ground up and invest time in someone who passed, when their passing is enough news for me not to work. That statement sounds weird but I'm trying to say, you dont have to try super hard to sell ... kobe would have had to push these new shoes yearly. With him passed on you cant really just stand on that every single year to sell shoes. His legacy is already cemented in the old pairs so why not just keep riding that wave too :yeshrug:

this all depends on how much say they have towards the old pairs and deal