Voices of the Race--Black Newspapers in Latin America 1870-1960

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1914–1983
Good looking out, swear I was just telling my boy IRL how they spread awareness of the Abyssinia Crisis through these newspapers and had folks in Rio, for example, raising funds for Ethiopia in the 1930s; you had a periodical in São Paulo as well as other associations throughout the country named after Menelik, the whole nine. They found a Black committee against the war and fascism in Montevideo in 1935.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Good looking out, swear I was just telling my boy IRL how they spread awareness of the Abyssinia Crisis through these newspapers and had folks in Rio, for example, raising funds for Ethiopia in the 1930s; you had a periodical in São Paulo as well as other associations throughout the country named after Menelik, the whole nine. They found a Black committee against the war and fascism in Montevideo in 1935.
You're welcome. Haven't gotten my hands on the book, but after the abolition of slavery the Ethiopian resistance to Italy would have been one of the first international causes that diasporans would have rallied together around.