VSU Offering Up to 1 band for a Vaccine

Apprentice

everybody in the world needa lul tim
Daps
Reppin
DMV
https://richmond.com/news/local/education/virginia-state-university-will-pay-students-500-to-get-vaccinated

Universities in Virginia are strengthening their safety protocols as they prepare to open their campuses during a period of increasing spread of the delta variant.

Virginia State University announced Friday that it would change course and require its students to get a COVID-19 vaccine, and it will give students and employees a financial incentive for doing so.

The university’s president, Makola Abdullah, acknowledged the timing wasn’t ideal, making the announcement the same day students began moving back to campus. Abdullah cited changing public health guidance and the effectiveness of the shot for changing the university’s directive.

Students who provide proof of their vaccination by Sept. 20 will receive a $500 incentive, according to the university’s website. Employees who do so will receive a $1,000 incentive. Most VSU employees are required to get the shot or undergo weekly testing by Gov. Ralph Northam’s executive order.

A spokesperson for the university did not immediately respond to questions about how students and staff can receive the incentive and how the university is paying for it.

Businesses and governments are offering incentives to get people vaccinated, including cash, Krispy Kreme Doughnuts and free rides from Uber and Lyft. Residents of New York City can receive a $100 debit card.

According to research by UCLA, giving away free stuff can work. A third of unvaccinated people said a cash payment would make them more likely to be immunized, according to a New York Times report. For just $25, 28% of respondents said they would be more likely to get the shot. For $100, 34% said they’d be more likely to get it.

For VSU students to get their incentive money, they must receive their first dose by Aug. 21 and be fully vaccinated by Sept. 20. The university is offering vaccinations on campus.

“As numbers continue to rise, vaccination is our best line of defense,” Abdullah said in a statement.

VSU will require students to wear masks indoors.

About 30 colleges in the state have required students to receive the shot.

I go to VSU, when they made the vaccine mandate a lot of students said they wasn’t pullin up

I need my 500 tho :takedat:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
they really did that shyt on the day y’all were checkin into the dorms?

When they knew apartments were going to be hard to come by and for a lot of kids, going back home on short notice just isn't an option. I'd be pissed and furious and the $500 incentive wouldn't change that.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
When they knew apartments were going to be hard to come by and for a lot of kids, going back home on short notice just isn't an option. I'd be pissed and furious and the $500 incentive wouldn't change that.

my nikka I woulda acted a damn fool before I left. Can’t imagine what the outta state students are feeling.

malleymal

All Star
Daps
The vaccine is mandatory at my university and we are one of the largest in the nation. Students are mostly compliant. My work colleagues on the other hand. They are busting the union now to get Everyone on board or out the door.

they are not playing.