Wait a F****in minute Harper & Trout combine for 3 100 rbi seasons

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
People really need to stop trying to put Mike Trout in the same category as Bonds and Griffey and all the other GOATs. I'm not saying he can't get there but he could just as easily fall off or become injury plagued.

Banana_Aeon

Astro Black
Daps
Reppin
Glass City
The problem with power worship is that more and more, baseball is evolving into a grindy game on the base paths. I'm a Royals fan, I watched them nikkas scrap and claw for runs in 2015, not hitting a lot of home runs, but simply getting on base and generating runs through aggressive base running. Pitchers and the shift have made home runs, especially in October, a premium, so building around power ain't gonna cut it anymore.
People really need to stop trying to put Mike Trout in the same category as Bonds and Griffey and all the other GOATs. I'm not saying he can't get there but he could just as easily fall off or become injury plagued.
While no one will ever touch Bonds, I'll say Trout compares pretty well to Griffey. Those dudes in the power happy 90s so their numbers look extra stupid and they had better teams around them than Trout.