"Who are the Knicks? Brunson, Brunson and some other Knickas" " - Official '23 NYK Offseason Thread

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Now I 100 percent disagree with you about Thibs and the front office. I think outside of the Donovan trade they’ve been doing a good job so far.

Yea I can't co-sign this at all

- There was no need to extend Randle after a horrible end to the season when he still had a year left on his deal, yet they did it anyway

- The Fournier signing made no sense when you already had RJ and IQ still developing, plus Rose/Burks/Kemba (at the time) on the roster. Not to mention you took another two guard with your 1st round pick..........yet they did it anyway.

- They signed Hartenstein to a multi-yr deal, and beyond giving Thibs the excuse he needs not to play Obi at the 5, he's been the 3rd best natural center on the team.

- Even the RJ extension. By all accounts I read that was a reactionary move because they struck out on Mitchell., and not because they truly believe RJ is one of them dudes. Whether he really is or isn't is not the point, that's just not a decision making process that instills faith in management for me.

I'm not mad if you wanna grade them on a curve because how horrible the Mills/Phil eras were. It's an improvement but nah I can't say they're doing a good job.

Last edited:

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What does this even mean?
The Cavs have a better roster
Garland & Don >>>Don & Brunson fit wise

Tying that much money up between two players who skills do not compliment each other would have been foolish. Y’all Knick fans would be in here crying about a 1st rd exit at best & slandering Don before all star break

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
The Cavs have a better roster
Garland & Don >>>Don & Brunson fit wise

Tying that much money up between two players who skills do not compliment each other would have been foolish. Y’all Knick fans would be in here crying about a 1st rd exit at best & slandering Don before all star break
Don and Brunson are a great pairing from a functional basketball standpoint.

If what you said were to happen it would be because of coaching or the fit and play of the rest of the roster not because of Don and Brunson.

With both of these players you have two guys who can both play on and off ball and are among the best in the league at self created offense.

Brunson’s 3PT% is way down this year because he has had to take a lot more pull ups where as with Mitchell this would be mitigated. Both these players together would pose serious problems for opposing teams.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
This FO acts like they're married to Thibs & Randle if the above article has some truth. Thibs & Randle already act like their fates are tied together. As long as those two are on the team, we're going to continue to be mediocre. They're a bad combination
I just hope they trade Obi and IQ to a good team. I think the Suns for DeAndre Ayton or CP3 would be dope.