Web Development/Coding Productivity Tips

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here is my list to be productive

1. Your IDE Keyboard Shortcuts, quicker file navigation increases efficiency. I use VSCode, use ctrl+p for file navigation, close your file explorer.

2. Virtual Desktops. I work on Windows. If your on a laptop and don't have multiple screens. Create virtual desktops. 1 for testing, 1 for coding, 1 for notes.

3. Code grepper chrome extension. Puts code snippet for your google search at the top.
hero_image3.png

4. VSCode Bookmarks extentions. Put bookmarks anywhere in your project with ctrl+alt+k and navigate between them with ctrl+alt+l(forward) or ctrl+alt+j(backward).

5. HeidiSQL or DBeaver, remote access to database with GUI.

6. Laragon development environment, i find this better than WAMP or XAMPP. Can switch between projects quickly. Can use NGINX or Apache, PHP or Python, HeidiSQL, Virtual Hosts.

7. Notetaking app, i use WriteMonkey but any will do to jot down notes. Before that i used Cherrynotes.

8. Minimalism. "research shows disorganisation and clutter have a cumulative effect on our brains. Our brains like order, and constant visual reminders of disorganisation drain our cognitive resources, reducing our ability to focus. The visual distraction of clutter increases cognitive overload and can reduce our working memory." VScode has a view called Zen mode, which get rids of sidebar and notification bar etc.

feel free to add on.