Well, I just killed my ps3

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
I was having some problems with it overheating (got the YLOD twice), so I decided to dust off the inside of my ps3 and re-apply the thermal compound on the CPU

For the heating process, I put the motherboard in the oven on 425 degrees fahrenheit for about 7 minutes. Needless to say, many of the components detached from being melted off the motherboard

I know, a million :snoop: wouldn't even be enough to capture the magnitude of my stupidity...we had a good run :rip:

NovaKane

Swazy
Daps
*pours out some liquor*

Did you at least backup your saves before you bodied it?

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Slap the original HDD in it and have Sony swap it out for a refurbished Slim for 100 or 120
:takedat:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I was having some problems with it overheating (got the YLOD twice), so I decided to dust off the inside of my ps3 and re-apply the thermal compound on the CPU

For the heating process, I put the motherboard in the oven on 425 degrees fahrenheit for about 7 minutes. Needless to say, many of the components detached from being melted off the motherboard

I know, a million :snoop: wouldn't even be enough to capture the magnitude of my stupidity...we had a good run :rip:

:what:
5 stars for stupidity breh....:dwillhuh:

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis

heating process? so the thermal compound could melt( which you shouldn't have too )? or for some other reason?

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
heating process? so the thermal compound could melt( which you shouldn't have too )? or for some other reason?

Nah, some shyt about the GPU balls or something underneath the CPU that need to be re-fluxed. The way you do it is by heating up the motherboard so they can melt and reform. You're supposed to use a heat gun but I didn't have one so I went for the "resourceful" method. Looked it up before I tried

Looking back, I should have just said fukk heating it because I don't think I really needed to do it in my case :smh:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Had any problems with it yet breh?

No problems. A month ago it turned itself off without me setting it to auto power off. Don't know what that was about but other than that nothings been wrong with it. I just saved and extra 300 so in case it does die I can by another PS3 quick.