What are the weed out courses of your college major?

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
What I mean is, what are the courses of your majors where the rubber meets the road and you have to decide if you really want this degree or not. I was just reflecting on this at work with others so I thought I would talk about it as a topic here.

MBA in healthcare management: Global Economics
This was a course where I had to learn the inner workings of how policies were created or driven locally and abroad.

BBA in marketing: Nothing
I was able to get away with being a weekend warrior with this degree.

BS in accounting: intermediate Accounting II and Taxation II

Intermediate accounting II was a class for me where learning about simple and complex trusts, deferred tax assets and more are subjects that should be courses themselves. Every chapter of the book could stand on its own as a course. There is just so much to remember. It was here where a lot of people with dreams of accounting switched over to business management.

Taxation II is basically a course to memorize the theory of the internal revenue code of the United States. Again, just so much to remember. S Corps, C Corps, LLCs and other business entities and how taxes are different with each. The tax code is in many ways, arcane. This was another exit for many on the highway to an accounting degree.

Thanks for any and everybody that responds.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Economics in Undergrad: Intermediate Macro, Calc 2 and Econometrics

EDIT: Not so much a weed out course because this is usually taken in your upper class men years. Calc 2 and Intermediate Macro are needed to get into the major.

Last edited:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Computer Science: Calc, Physics, Programming Logic, Computer Organization and Assembly (Programming), and to a lesser extent C++.

El negrito de tejas

Fukk the govt I got my own Deficit
Daps
Reppin
The country of myself
Anybody majoring in the sciences would mostly say Organic Chemistry 1
Luckily for me I didnt have to take it but Analytical Chemistry was still a bytch I don't know how I passed that class

hatealot

Banned
Daps
Economics in Undergrad: Intermediate Macro, Calc 2 and Econometrics

EDIT: Not so much a weed out course because this is usually taken in your upper class men years. Calc 2 and Intermediate Macro are needed to get into the major.
Intermediate micro and macro pissed me the fukk off. I only took intro to econometric s but that class was fun once I had my statistics down packed.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Intermediate micro and macro pissed me the fukk off. I only took intro to econometric s but that class was fun once I had my statistics down packed.

Yea I liked the theory of Econometrics. I just needed more experience with Stats to get good with it.