What is your draft strategy in a standard league?

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
I typically only draft RB and Wr in the 1st 8 rounds. Qb and TE I never draft high.

This strategy gives you depth against injury and options every week

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
ive heard people say don't draft Qbs right away is that true?

I would not draft any QB until I got at least 1 bellow and 1 elite receiver. I prefer to draft 2RBs/WRs before drafting a QB. But, there are exceptions. It depends on your draft position as well as who is available when it is time for you to draft a player.

Also heard go heavy on rbs early the thing is how many elite backs who you can pencil in to be great every year are there? I see if u have the first few picks but after that is it worth it to draft one in the first round?
I see no downside to drafting a bellcow, period! There are no guarantees that any player will consistently ball every week, but you will be in a better position, if you have at least one bell cow, one solid RB2, an elite WR and solid WR2. From there, you can secure a TE, QB, then work on your bench players.

Even forgetting elite backs you can probably count on one hand the amount of just three down backs in the league. I'm in a 14 team league and if im drafting 13 or 14 I'm gambling on certain rbs being starters at that point

So with that the case is it really wise to go heavy early on with backs?

If you want to win leagues, then you grab your backs and WRs first, then go for QB, Flex back, TE, then get another QB. Lastly, remember that the waiver wire wins championships! People drop good players all the time! People sleep on rookie role players who become stars all the time. I speak from experience and won a lot of leagues, so draft how you want, but keep in mind that luck does come into play as well. Strategy+Luck=wins!