What kind of car can I get with a good credit score?

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
I'm talking 750

I currently drive a '99 Subaru Outback, wanna upgrade after graduation. I'm thinking maybe a '12-15 Charger/Maxima. Not sure how much my credit score will affect the car note though, any advice?

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
lol @ completely ignoring income cuz you got good credit. you better take the personal finance course most schools offer before you graduate :ufdup:
I mean, I'm already planning on getting a new job before I graduate and put this EMT cert to use. Would prolly bring home 2500 a month

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
I mean, I'm already planning on getting a new job before I graduate and put this EMT cert to use. Would prolly bring home 2500 a month
put your money in a credit union and they should send you pre-approvals. i make close to that amount and built my score to the high 700s and started getting pre approvals in the mail for 40k with 3% apr.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
2500 a month or per check? where you live? you gonna live at home? cuz if not, between taxes and rent, that money is gonna be gone quick. :usure:

if your current car works well you need to just keep it for a few more years. do like other breh said, start your savings, pay down debt. if you got a little extra money, start an account specifically for a new car, drop what would be your car note (like $200-400) in it each month so you learn to live without that money....in a couple years, you'll have a nice down payment plus you should be making more so the note won't be as much of an issue.

i don't know how old you are, but one of my worst moves was copping new car a year out of school. yea i looked dope out and about, but between the note, gas (this is back when gas was like $4+/gallon) + a long commute, insurance, student loan, and rent, i was fully into that young fabulous and broke life. cars are a WOAT investment if you can't comfortably afford it

Last edited: