What's a good beginner jump rope

Daps
nikka I came in here this very moment to make this exact same thread :wow:

edit- actually I was gonna ask for routines. Is there a good routine/time frame for it?

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
Just get a cheap everlast 1 from target. And once you start jumping regularly upgrade.

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
What surface do yall jump rope on? I don't want it to be too absorptive like grass that'll take away my ability to move quickly and develop joint stiffness, but I also don't wanna be on something as hard as concrete

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
What surface do yall jump rope on? I don't want it to be too absorptive like grass that'll take away my ability to move quickly and develop joint stiffness, but I also don't wanna be on something as hard as concrete
Just skip on flat surface, take it easy to begin and get better, the key is just fukking do it and that is all there is to say.

People, all you need is a cheap ass rope thats long enough. I can skip better and longer with all the tricks and styles etc, better than any motherfukker, and i use a $2 cheap ass vinyl rope. Just get it in.

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
Just skip on flat surface, take it easy to begin and get better, the key is just fukking do it and that is all there is to say.

People, all you need is a cheap ass rope thats long enough. I can skip better and longer with all the tricks and styles etc, better than any motherfukker, and i use a $2 cheap ass vinyl rope. Just get it in.
I can jump rope and I'm good at it, I'm tryna optimize it as a D1 athlete

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Jumping rope-seems deceptively simple. I swear that shyt was simple when I was a kid. Double Dutch, hot peas. Cool! It’ll be a breeze!

:mjcry:
I smacked myself in the face five times. shyt hurt so badly. Tripped up over the rope and almost died. Started off trying to jump WAAAAYYYYY too high. fukked up the rhythm a million times. Felt like I was going too slow for a loooooooooong time.

Then I finally got it. Lil tiny low jumps. Good rhythm.
Im thinking:ehh:
I can do this.

I lasted for two minutes.
:francis: This is the hardest thing I’ve ever done and I used to swim in high school.

After two minutes it felt like somebody had lit my abs on fire.:damn:
There are people who can do this shyt for 30 mins-1 hour straight??!!!!:damn:
God-tier humans.:lawd: