What's the story behind Ja Rule's "I Wonder" with R. Kelly? :ohhh:

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
New York
I remember hearing this piff and then they dropped Wonderful with Kells and Ashanti instead then they made the video with Hype.

I Wonder and Wonderful are two completely records aside from some minor similarities.

And obviously Wonderful was put on the album.

Anyone know the story behind this?

@AJaRuleStan @R.U.L.E. :salute:

AJaRuleStan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Killa Queens
Not sure why it got changed, but Wonderful was meant to be a remix, and in Ja's book he talks about the stress of needing to "push hits" around the time of R.U.L.E. So attaching Ashanti to the song was a way of maximizing the "hit" potential of the song, which also makes sense if you look at the NY record too. In my opinion, I think Ja felt he had very negative stigma attached to him from the beef, so he needed other popular artist to get his records over for R.U.L.E.

KnickstapeCity

Bushed
Daps
Reppin
New York
Not sure why it got changed, but Wonderful was meant to be a remix, and in Ja's book he talks about the stress of needing to "push hits" around the time of R.U.L.E. So attaching Ashanti to the song was a way of maximizing the "hit" potential of the song, which also makes sense if you look at the NY record too. In my opinion, I think Ja felt he had very negative stigma attached to him from the beef, so he needed other popular artist to get his records over for R.U.L.E.

:ohhh::ohhh::ohhh:

Thanks, breh :salute:

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
:wow:ja had hits for days!!

he apparently is coming over here for a show in a months time.
anyone know whether he is good live!!
i will not go to a shytty concert!!
:patrice:

KnickstapeCity

Bushed
Daps
Reppin
New York
when i first heard this on the radio as a young breh i really thought ja was back :mjcry::banderas:

Me too, breh :mjcry:

R.U.L.E. did decent numbers though :manny:

It went Gold

:wow:ja had hits for days!!

he apparently is coming over here for a show in a months time.
anyone know whether he is good live!!
i will not go to a shytty concert!!
:patrice:

Hits on hits :wow:

I would definitely go if I was you... He's a dope live.. Energy is crazy :ohlawd: