When did you stop attacking religion?

Dras

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When I realized that you don't need to. Highlighting it as is, is, more effective.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
§ansprix™;72164 said:
That's exactly how I feel. I don't knock anyone who believes what they believe.....but please show me that same respect.

There's this dude who used to work at my job, and we started talking about relationships and what not. I told him that me and my man been together for 8 years and we have no intentions of getting married or having children, it's just not that important to us. So he got all up in arms about how important it is because of the bible and blah, blah, blah. I was like "Well, I don't believe in religion or the bible anyway.....so I'm good :yeshrug:" Then he started to go in on how could I be that way....and how marriage and religion is important and that I need to find jesus.

I said "Hold up, are you really serious right now?:childplease: This coming from the guy who was asking me advice about a jumpoff that's starting to get out of pocket. And the same guy who told me about his weekend which involved snorting lines of coke, then getting fukked up off a whole bottle of henny before going to the club and then fukking ya jumpoff afterwards?!? :childplease: Miss me with all that shyt. If that's what being "religious" is all about, then I'm good" He never hit me up with that dumb shyt ever again.

To be fair to Christians I don't think you should judge christianity or any religion as a whole based on the actions of one individual. You'll find in today's society a lot of people claim to be christian but none of them really are.

at then end of the day, i'm either trying to teach, to learn or to do both. deliberately trying to belittle people/offend them by starting phony debates is childish. i find that a lot of atheists who start those types of debates often pretend like they're trying to "educate" or "open people's eyes" but in reality, a lot of them are just trying to flex intellectually and give themselves an ego boost. that's part of the reason why may of them are so condescending to believers.

I used to be an a$$hole in my teenage years and do shyt like this. Now I feel bad, cause my mom is one of the happiest people in the world and she attributes it to god. I feel like a shyt head sometimes for the times I tried to tell her the truth. I would have zero problems with religion if it wasn't for politicans using it as a tool to shape this world.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be fair to Christians I don't think you should judge christianity or any religion as a whole based on the actions of one individual. You'll find in today's society a lot of people claim to be christian but none of them really are.

I used to be an a$$hole in my teenage years and do shyt like this. Now I feel bad, cause my mom is one of the happiest people in the world and she attributes it to god. I feel like a shyt head sometimes for the times I tried to tell her the truth. I would have zero problems with religion if it wasn't for politicans using it as a tool to shape this world.
you said it yourself. you used to do it as a teen. then you grew up. and you get props for that cause ultimately you realized that it's not cool. but when i see someone over 25 acting smug and trying to start bs debates about religion just to show off how smart he is i just smh. passed a certain age that shyt is corny and lame.

and i definitely agree with you when you say people using faith to manipulate people. but my problem is with those people, not with Christianity, Islam, etc.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
you said it yourself. you used to do it as a teen. then you grew up. and you get props for that cause ultimately you realized that it's not cool. but when i see someone over 25 acting smug and trying to start bs debates about religion just to show off how smart he is i just smh. passed a certain age that shyt is corny and lame.

and i definitely agree with you when you say people using faith to manipulate people. but my problem is with those people, not with Christianity, Islam, etc.

Yeah like when I see people going hard for atheism it's almost as if that is their religion.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
ive always felt it wasnt religion thats the issue

its the people that use religion to push their own personal issues on others

at its basis, there arent many "problems" with most religions

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
I never felt the need, unless it was my mom because she invited such discussion.

Hollywood Co

Primetime Reppin
Daps
Reppin
Eastside Atl -
Who are you to tell someone what to believe or how our lifes came into existence?

Unless you're sporting a biology degree, PH D. or numerous other accolades or degrees, your opinion on such a massive and mentally thought provoking subject is no more valid than the person you're talking to. Most folks who try to start these debates have none of what I listed so why even try to change someone's mind?

At the end of the day, its your opinion vs. theirs. You read some things that "opened" your eyes but maybe that religious person read the same thing and got something different out of it.

Saka

Pro
Daps
ive always felt it wasnt religion thats the issue

its the people that use religion to push their own personal issues on others

at its basis, there arent many "problems" with most religions

Exactly the concept of morality in religion is beautiful breh love & peace, but of course religion succumbs to the faults of groupthink thus it can be used as a tool to amass people an use them for w.e political or social goals anyone has had throughout history.

Sansprix

Around the way girl.
Daps
Reppin
[ First Lady of TBM ]

I don't judge anyone, and I don't care about what anyone else believes in. You do you, and I do me. l I was just using that as an example of people not respecting my beliefs, yet trying to force theirs on me.

I've come to my own conclusion about christianity and religions as a whole by doing my own research and soul searching, and at the end of the day....I don't speak on it unless asked and even then I don't try and sway anyone into my point of view.

fendi_mane

Banned
Daps
Coming from a deeply religious family, I just keep my thoughts to myself. The last time I voiced my opinions openly at Thanksgiving my cousin tried to fight me.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Meh, I realized that most people aren't interested in discussing religion logically and just want to use it as a crutch.

So I leave it alone mostly. Except online of course.

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
when i realized it's not my place to tell someone where to put their faith. if they find comfort in it and it makes them a better person i'm all for it. all i ask of them is the same courtesy. it's not their place to tell me what to believe either.