When is it legal for MetroPCS to tell you it’s mandatory to get a case/charger/screen protector or charge you without telling you?

Mystic

All Star
Daps
Got an iPhone 12 2 days ago for $100 by porting a google voice number to Metro. After fees and everything it came up to $237. Now I saw dude before he rung me up he went to get a case, a charger, and a screen protector. Now when I went looking at another MetroPCS for a case for me Moto Razer 5G 2023 which I got for the same deal $100(this one came up a couple of bucks under $200 or a couple of bucks above $200) and they said a case was $100. Now it’s a flip phone so I thought maybe they are overpricing it even more than their normal overpriced phone but still $50 is CRAZY for any phone case that’s not even an otter box or similar so when he brings it all up I think he said you need a charger because I said no cause who don’t got a charger from their last phone plus I know it’s 100000% cheaper online on Amazon or EBay hell any site and I said after that and I already have a phone. I pay and he’s like I gotta set it up and I’m clearly looking under 35 so obviously I know how to set up a damn phone even if I never used an iPhone before(he didn’t know I never used one before) and during that time I see him putting on a screen protector so I was just thinking it was on the house or whatever but nope I got charged. On Reddit there are PLENTY of people saying they were told these items are free when it’s actually charged for them. How the fukk is this even legal?