when our parents were our age...

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
yeah i think about this at times, they wuz a lot more responsible at tha same age i am now, they had a house, kids, cars, and worked all day :sadbron:

i live in an apartment, go out on tha town on weekends, with no job, damn... i ain't shyt :deadrose:

the difference is that when our parents were kids there was no concept of the "teenager" that didn't come about until after the ww2 veterans came home and started having children (depends how old your parents are in this case I guess).

After highschool it was the real world for 90% of people, most didn't go to college.

Yea they had to mature quick but they also missed out on a lot of fun that comes with being young.

Enjoy your fukking time people. Someday you're going to be :flabbynsick: looking back thinking how about your glory years wishing you could go back.

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
Im already im my mid 20's with no real career or productive life. I probably wont fix up until my 30's. Our generation takes a extra 10 years to grow up partly because of the economy and partly because were a lot more selfish.

My dad was making moves in his early 20's. So even if shyt changes now its too late, im already behind in life. :to:

And partly because the generation before us has tried to bleed every resource dry.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Back then a man could support his family. Just him. Nowadays, unless you are really making that money, supporting a family on one paycheck is a no-go. Inflation without a similar rise in salaries and limited employment opportunities has our generation in a rut... Combine that with the fact that most of these young ones are starting out with a 40k college debt monkey on their back.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
interesting... im a product of a single mom *gasp*

i already make 3x what my mom made raising two kids. But money did go a lot further back then. Either way...

"You can't get paid, the earth this big? You worthless kid!" - Hell Rell

36 Chambers

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All through highschool one of my teachers always used to say we were going to :eat: off all these babyboomers leaving the work force at once.

shyt still hasn't happened brehs:sadbron:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
All through highschool one of my teachers always used to say we were going to :eat: off all these babyboomers leaving the work force at once.

shyt still hasn't happened brehs:sadbron:

RIGHT! That's something I remembered hearing too. At my company they were always talking about the "talent vacuum" that's going to occur once that happens.

:rudy: Where's it at? im tryna be a boss real soon

fscballin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
u dreaming, if u dont think we all bout to experience a greater depression... most likely beginning this year