Where do you guys rank Burn Notice?

Rekorb

Banned
Daps
I'm not saying it has intricate writing that you will find in Mad Men, Sopranos, or the Wire.

But as far as popcorn tv, where do you rank it?

I thought the show was very good, and it relied more on characters than writing just like Justified which is another of my favorite popcorn tv show.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
:gucci:

The fact that you have Justified and Burn Notice in the same category completely nullifies your opinion on TV lol

And this is coming from a person who watched the entirety of both shows.

In terms of writing, Justified belongs on the list with the shows above it in your post. Not quite as good, but it's playing in the same league.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
it was alrite but got silly after the first few seasons specifically when management stop looking out for Michael.

The finale was great tho

Rekorb

Banned
Daps
:gucci:

The fact that you have Justified and Burn Notice in the same category completely nullifies your opinion on TV lol

And this is coming from a person who watched the entirety of both shows.

In terms of writing, Justified belongs on the list with the shows above it in your post. Not quite as good, but it's playing in the same league.

I did not put Burn Notice in the same category, I already said Burn Notice has weak writing and relied more on characters.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I did not put Burn Notice in the same category, I already said Burn Notice has weak writing and relied more on characters.

I'm not saying it has intricate writing that you will find in Mad Men, Sopranos, or the Wire.

But as far as popcorn tv, where do you rank it?

I thought the show was very good, and it relied more on characters than writing just like Justified which is another of my favorite popcorn tv show.

:yeshrug:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
For what it was, popcorn, procedural, light entertainment I rank it pretty high.

It was my favorite among the USA Blue Sky shows during that.

Great chemistry among the core cast of characters, Michael figuring out a way to help his clients each week was usually pretty good and allowed him to play different types of characters. Part of the problem came, when they had to keep delaying Michael finding out who exactly burned him and for what reason. There was always a man behind the man, behind the man.

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
it was an ok show. nothing special but i went through it from beginning to end.

i wasn't a big fan of fiona or his mom though.. and the season arch stories kinda blended together after a while.

the main character has that dumb stare look down pat :pachaha:

it was a bit better than white collar :manny:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I think that in this day and age the format of the show is dated. It's kind of a "transitional" show, in between the old episodic shows like Magnum PI and the serialized shows like Mr Robot that we expect nowadays. They tried to have it both ways with a "case of the week" where they save someone from random drug dealers with MacGuyver spying techniques, and maybe 30 seconds at the end of each episode that connected to the overall plot. I think TV has kind of moved on from that.

Kid Dynamite

aka The Big Bonanza aka The Ebony Prince
Supporter
Daps
If you watched magnum pi, macgyver and the rest of those types of shows in the 80s & 90s, this is a throwback... Which is why I liked it

USA hasn't been shyt since this, white collar and psych ended