Where Do You Normally Go Or Talk To For Beats?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Superstar
Daps
Do any artist on here typically have someone that produce music for them or provide beats for you?

Or do you just make your own beats yourself on your own program?

Just curious to see how artist normally go about this for mixtapes, singles, albums, etc.

Its tough to find in places that don't have a big music scene.

kingdizzy01

ATXBBOY
Daps
Reppin
ATX x Jersey Devil x Little Caribbean/Flatbush MF
depends on you and what sound your looking for.

if you want cookie-cutter, insta-rapper beats, you can find those on youtube and soundcloud for free.

if u have your own sound in your mind, make your own. otherwise u need to link up with your local hiphop community or move to a city with one.

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
depends on you and what sound your looking for.

if you want cookie-cutter, insta-rapper beats, you can find those on youtube and soundcloud for free.

if u have your own sound in your mind, make your own. otherwise u need to link up with your local hiphop community or move to a city with one.

I only fukk with Tunnel Gang producers.

nikkas sleep on the talent here.

The coli. :yeshrug:

I've been thinking a spreading out to social media, youtube and reddit.

I think he's talking locally, in person.

Do any artist on here typically have someone that produce music for them or provide beats for you?

Or do you just make your own beats yourself on your own program?

Just curious to see how artist normally go about this for mixtapes, singles, albums, etc.

Its tough to find in places that don't have a big music scene.

If you're talking locally, you gotta network. Go to rap shows concerts, especially of artists that you like, but even ones you don't. You'll start to see some of the same people. Talk to cats, especially "the rappers"...take their lil cds or whatever, or buy them :comeon:, swap social media/contact info.

And go from there. Some cats are serious and won't fukk with you, others are broke, or hungry and will work with whoever whenever where ever. And usually it just snowballs from there. I used to work with a cat that rapped, he'd come over I'd play him some beats, then he brought his boy over, i ended up working with his boy more than him, nothing bad about it, his boy was just hungry " whenever, where ever, whatever"

Dude was always like you got something new? Can you loop this up?....

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think he's talking locally, in person.

And go from there. Some cats are serious and won't fukk with you, others are broke, or hungry and will work with whoever whenever where ever. And usually it just snowballs from there. I used to work with a cat that rapped, he'd come over I'd play him some beats, then he brought his boy over, i ended up working with his boy more than him, nothing bad about it, his boy was just hungry " whenever, where ever, whatever"

Dude was always like you got something new? Can you loop this up?....
He making any strides in the game?

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He making any strides in the game?

I don't know. Even though we've worked together we aren't 'friends'. I don't talk to him or see him outside of music. He hits me up when he has shows and shyt or music related. I know he's making his own moves because he's had shows in kc mo, KS, Stl, des Moines, ames, Chicago, Colorado....