Where does Bianca Belair rank on the GOAT women scale?

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
That would be the same situation as Cena then. He was stale for so long in the second half of his career, even when he knew he should have turned. But the E wanted him to retain traction with the younger audience so he had to be a face his WHOLE career after he popped off to megastar status. At the expense of our viewing pleasure because we all knew he would have killed it in a heel run. The same could have happened with Hogan, as he was also very stale when he turned (shytty creative aside even)

There is gonna be a point where we want to see a new side of her in like 5 years, and I hope they will not build the walls up around her creatively. She is great as heel also as seen in NXT.
The bolded is the most important part. When you say "we (adult males)", you have to remember that "we" aren't WWE's target audience. Kids & families are the biggest contributors to the company's bottom line.

The whole time grown men were calling for a Cena (and Bianca) heel turn, Cena (and Bianca) were moving TONS of merch, selling family packs of tickets, and raising the company's Q rating. In a business sense, those things are far more important than appeasing a minority of fans who honestly aren't going to permanently stop watching the product.

I'll give you some real world evidence. Last month, I was watching SmackDown. My youngest child entered the living room and said "Cool, there's John Cena, the legend!" Mind you, my youngest doesn't even like (or watch) rasslin. Even in semi-retirement, the ultimate babyface is still popular with the playground set, amd he's still moving merch. The decision to keep Cena as the forever babyface was the right business decision, and I'm pretty sure they'll use his career template for Bianca.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The bolded is the most important part. When you say "we (adult males)", you have to remember that "we" aren't WWE's target audience. Kids & families are the biggest contributors to the company's bottom line.

The whole time grown men were calling for a Cena (and Bianca) heel turn, Cena (and Bianca) were moving TONS of merch, selling family packs of tickets, and raising the company's Q rating. In a business sense, those things are far more important than appeasing a minority of fans who honestly aren't going to permanently stop watching the product.

I'll give you some real world evidence. Last month, I was watching SmackDown. My youngest child entered the living room and said "Cool, there's John Cena, the legend!" Mind you, my youngest doesn't even like (or watch) rasslin. Even in semi-retirement, the ultimate babyface is still popular with the playground set, amd he's still moving merch. The decision to keep Cena as the forever babyface was the right business decision, and I'm pretty sure they'll use his career template for Bianca.

I watch wrestling for me. Too many people thinking as agents on here, this is our entertainment, not our careers.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

The WWE's biggest era was the golden era where they appealed to everyone, and as much as we love the attitude era you could argue that it's aged the worst out of all the eras. Bianca loves being an inspiration to little girls everywhere, and that matters more to her than what some grown ass men want.

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads

And not only that, Bianca just don't have the mic skills to be a heel. :mjcry:

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's just a weird parasocial take as someone who is a big enough fan of wrestling, that you are on a wrestling forum on the internet, that you don't care if wrestling is entertaining to you, as long as the talent is still rich and famous.

In less than 5 years she is going to be megastar status, and kids who havent reached puberty yet are gonna fukk with her or not already. So I would have much rather Cena had a banger heel run at the expense of more fame and fortune, when he was was already more famous and rich than everyone on this board combined. Maybe if my kid was a mega wrestling nerd, and a super Cena stan, and it was pushing them to focus in school, I would be okay if my entertainment was stale af, but that's rare.

The only thing I'll cosign is inspiring black youth is important, but it can and still is done as a heel, especially in the social media age. I am sure there are lots of young black boys who watch Swerve right now and get inspired, even though he is a heel character.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I watch wrestling for me. Too many people thinking as agents on here, this is our entertainment, not our careers.
That's where we differ, I don't watch wrestling just for me. I enjoy watching with my kids (except for my youngest, as I mentioned). As a parent, it's always good to have a traditional good guy on screen, like I got to witness in my childhood Btw, I really love that there are more good Black babyfaces than were around when I was a kid.

And no, I don't pretend to be an agent, but I am a shareholder. I want my quarterly dividends to increase and to keep coming in; I appreciate smart business decisions.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
It's just a weird parasocial take as someone who is a big enough fan of wrestling, that you are on a wrestling forum on the internet, that you don't care if wrestling is entertaining to you, as long as the talent is still rich and famous.
I assume this post is directed towards me as well, but I never said that I don't wan't wrestling to entertain me, nor did I ever mention the wrestlers' income. I did mention that keeping Cena & Bianca babyface made the company (and shareholders) money, and I think that's where the confusion came from.
In less than 5 years she is going to be megastar status, and kids who havent reached puberty yet are gonna fukk with her or not already.
I'm not exactly sure what you meant by that.
So I would have much rather Cena had a banger heel run at the expense of more fame and fortune, when he was was already more famous and rich than everyone on this board combined.
I don't know why Cena being more famous than anybody on this board is relevant; but I do kbow that he was the E's golden goose, and they weren't going to turn him just to have a "banger". They'd rather increase the bottom line & keep the kids happy.
Maybe if my kid was a mega wrestling nerd, and a super Cena stan, and it was pushing them to focus in school, I would be okay if my entertainment was stale af, but that's rare.
Again, that's where we differ. I wouldn't want that.
The only thing I'll cosign is inspiring black youth is important, but it can and still is done as a heel, especially in the social media age.
Can you clarify this? How is the heel the inspirational character? I can't think of any villain in any genre (Darth Vader, MJF, Randy Savage, Big Boss Man, Dr. Doom, etc.) that was an inspirational figure. Also, what does being in the social media era matter, especially if the wrestler tweets/posts in character?
I am sure there are lots of young black boys who watch Swerve right now and get inspired, even though he is a heel character.
I don't see it. Since he turned heel, what has Swerve done to inspire Black boys, except make wack raps & bleed into a white man's mouth? Btw, Swerve also had some :mjpls: tweets, and he caught flack just last month for posting a song that called women "Black and ugly"

Anyway, we've really gotten sidetracked and strayed from the topic. Back to the point, outside of appealing to your personal enjoyment, there is absolutely no reason to turn Bianca at the moment. However, if you have a sensible reason why you think they should other than "I watch wrestling for me", I'd love to hear it.

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever

I implore Brehs to go to an actual taping of Raw/Smackdown

It's not rednecks and drunk white boys...well some :laugh:

It's a BUNCH of kids and a lot of women

Bianca is already all over WWE media and she's definitely gonna be the face of the company for decades to come
I don't see it. Since he turned heel, what has Swerve done to inspire Black boys, except make wack raps & bleed into a white man's mouth? Btw, Swerve also had some :mjpls: tweets, and he caught flack just last month for posting a song that called women "Black and ugly"
I was pro Swerve and couldn't see why ppl hated him...then that "black and ugly" shyt

:snoop:

I don't even get excited when I see him on AEW TV no more

Bro can't talk all that black shyt and openly disrespect black folk

fukk who he dates and fukk, he ain't it