Which Sport Athletes can transition to Any Another Sport The Easiest. (Boxing, MMA not Included)

Which Sports Have the Best Athletes?

• Basketball

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • Football

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Soccer

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Track

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Baseball

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
zion williamson could play TE in the NFL after 1 year of real NFL training :manny:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
quinten rollins played 4 seasons of basketball
played one year of collg efootball and became a second rd pick

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Football has the best base athletic set.

The question is whether you have the particular skills to play the other sport.

But if you have football-level athleticism, then you're athletic enough at least to play any sport.
I disagree with this on the basis of differing positions in football. Maybe a DB would have the athletic skill set but I imagine a basketball players athleticism would transition easier across sports. Straight line running, lateral movement, leaping, footwork, body contortion while in the air, hand eye coordination.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I disagree with this on the basis of differing positions in football. Maybe a DB would have the athletic skill set but I imagine a basketball players athleticism would transition easier across sports. Straight line running, lateral movement, leaping, footwork, body contortion while in the air, hand eye coordination.

A large proportion of basketball players aren't even athletic like that though. If you put Jabari Parker or Ray Felton, Vucevic or Carmelo, Jokic or Ingles up against any NFL player on strength/speed/endurance, how are they gonna stack up?

Even the most athletic NBA players, go by position.

DBs, RBs, mobile QBs against point guards.

WRs and LBs against swingmen.

TEs against power forwards.

DL and OL against centers.

The football players are gonna be just as strong in lateral movement, footwork, and hand-eye coordination while also being much stronger and having better straight-line speed and a move explosive vertical.