White woman who addressed Dallas Mayor as "bruh" on twitter, fired from job

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Meghan Mangrum moved to Dallas last summer to cover education as part of the Dallas Morning News’ Education Lab. She’d previously worked the education beat in Tennessee for six years, at the Tennessean and, before that, at the Chattanooga Times Free Press. But she’s a hockey fan from Florida.

So on Saturday, February 11, when the Tampa Bay Lightning came to Dallas for a matinee match, Mangrum headed to the American Airlines Center for her first Stars game. A little before 1 p.m., running late for the puck drop, she saw that Mayor Eric Johnson had criticized local media for, in his view, not fully reporting the good news about Dallas’ crime numbers dropping for the second consecutive year. The mayor opined that reporters were interested only in bad news.

In a tweet that would change the trajectory of her career, Mangrum wrote the following: “Bruh, national news is always going to chase the trend. Cultivate relationships with quality local news partnerships.”

Mayor Eric Johnson

eric-johnson-gallery_01-600x635.jpg

Last edited:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
:salute: Dallas Morning News Editor Katrice Hardy for firing her privileged ass.

Later that day, Mangrum got an email from an editor saying her presence was requested at a Monday meeting. An HR rep got looped in. And that’s how Mangrum found herself getting grilled by the paper’s executive editor, Katrice Hardy. According to Mangrum, Hardy, who is Black, asked her if she would have used the word “bruh” if the mayor were White. Mangrum, who is White, said yes. Her Twitter feed is littered with the word “bruh” directed at all sorts of accounts, including those belonging to hockey fans and the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife.

WNkkaH5__400x400.jpg

Last edited:

DonB90

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
And that’s how Mangrum found herself getting grilled by the paper’s executive editor, Katrice Hardy. According to Mangrum, Hardy, who is Black, asked her if she would have used the word “bruh” if the mayor were White. Mangrum, who is White, said yes. Her Twitter feed is littered with the word “bruh” directed at all sorts of accounts, including those belonging to hockey fans and the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife.

Editor should of just called her in an sternly let her know its unprofessional t refer to a sitting mayor as bruh. The fact that she uses the term frequently beforehand gives off trying to be cute Gen Z shyt a lil more then a dog whistle of racism. Newspaper open themself up a lawsuit they might lose over overreacting.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
White people think how they talk with their favroite rapper is how you connect with black people of any background. Always bothered me, i stopped making white friends after i invited a white kid to my church and he was dapping up all the old church ladies and shyt.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That term is spreading like wildfire
If you go to grade 2, 3 classes you will hear it everywhere
Kids under 9 using it left and right
I was walking on a trail the other day. I’m walking past a basketball court and some kids walking towards it walk past me. One of the little dudes, had to be about eight, head nodded me and said “What’s up bruh”. shyt threw me all the way off. :dead:

When I was 8 talking to a 36 year old man it would have been “Hello sir” or some shyt. :dead:

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Good....Non-Black people, always do this shyt to Black people in a power position.

This is the samething that happened to Deion Sanders with that White news reported.

This comes from White people insecurities, because they know that they have White Supremacy which help them become successful and it helps keep Black people at them bottom. When they see a Black person push through the obstacles that White Supremacy put in place for Black people, especially in America, they get mad at themselves because they are working some shytty ass job.

You see this all the time from athletes, like Dominique Wilks when he was denied access to a resturant in Atlants, to your everyday Black person who works hard to live in a nice area, so have some White person come and ask "do you live here"

DonB90

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I was walking on a trail the other day. I’m walking past a basketball court and some kids walking towards it walk past me. One of the little dudes, had to be about eight, head nodded me and said “What’s up bruh”. shyt threw me all the way off. :dead:

When I was 8 talking to a 36 year old man it would have been “Hello sir” or some shyt. :dead:
Thats what I'm saying these goofy as early 20s and younger crowd really address people like that, broad probably calls her father bruh on some casual shyt. :heh: not trying to cape for a white bytch but it seems like overkill