Why are SOME Drugs Illegal while others aren’t? The Black and White of It

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Sooooooo I have some family members who did shyt like psychedelics, shrooms, LSD back in the day.

:pachaha: They describe their experiences as quite enjoyable. Never became addicted. Hell my uncle is retired with a full pension and was trying to book a retreat to go to Peru to do peyote or ayuasca or whatever it’s called.:deadmanny:
My aunt lookin at him like:childplease:

His hilarious stories aside, it made me start thinking about drugs and why some are legal while others aren’t.

That got me looking at the racial politics of em...which are fukked up.

The War on Marijuana in Black and White

1.) “Of the 8.2 million marijuana arrests between 2001 and 2010, 88% were for simply having marijuana. Nationwide, the arrest data revealed one consistent trend: significant racial bias. Despite roughly equal usage rates, Blacks are 3.73 times more likely than whites to be arrested for marijuana.

2.) And this shyt costs us an assload btw.
14172-thumb.jpg
There’s our reparations btw when a$$holes claim they don’t have the money.:wtb:

3.) Keep in mind, weed isn’t what’s killing us
pie-chart-2017-aag.jpg

4.) But African Americans are getting their lives ripped apart for something that is now legal in some states.

Coli lawyers, weedologists, pharamacists, conspiracy theorists.

Tell me why drugs that are now being considered to treat psychological and physiological illnesses are illegal resulting in our community being ripped apart...while cigarettes are perfectly legal in spite of resulting in millions of deaths worldwide?