Why China Loves Buick

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Had A Delta 88 with the bench front seat back in the day that i loved. One of my top 5 favorite cars that i ever owned. I wish i still had it :wow:

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Had A Delta 88 with the bench front seat back in the day that i loved. One of my top 5 favorite cars that i ever owned. I wish i still had it :wow:

Oldsmobile made the Delta 88, the comparable Buick from those years would've been the Electra or 225 "Deuce and a quarter"

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Used to fukk with Buicks hard, real hard. My first car was a Buick, had a '96 Regal GS with that ugly ass luggage rack on the back. I loved that bytch tho, and it was moderately quick too. Had a few LeSabres, a '93 and a '97 IIRC, nothing special but that 3800 engine was a tank, pushed them because they were in abundance at auctions back about 15+ years ago, used to cop them for like 4-600 bucks and it was a damn good deal for the use I got out of them. Would ride them for a year them flip them for twice what I paid for it. Then the holy grail of my Buicks was a '83 Regal T-Type with T-Tops, the Turbo 6 was shot when I got it so I dropped a 5.3L out of a '04 Tahoe in there, did a few other mods and that bytch would literally stand up off the line if I hit it right. I had it back when those early 2000's Monte Carlo's was OD on the streets and I used to stay burning brehs in them FWD SS's. Used to even lie and tell brehs it was a Grand National until I got embarrassed by this dude with a real National one day :mjlol:

And one day I'm going to get a real National, although the prices on those have shot thru the fukking roof, I probably will end up building one from the ground up.

The early 2000 Regal GS models are true sleepers tho, the 97-04 models with the series S/C Series 3800 is actually a pretty quick car, especially for a FWD V6, do a pulley swap on the S/C and its straight up fast.

GM playing tho, they could easily bring back a 2 door Regal with a RWD platform and throw in a V8 and I'm sure it would sell well with younger folks, shyt if they bought back the National that shyt would make people go crazy. They aint gonna do it tho, smh

Daps
GM playing tho, they could easily bring back a 2 door Regal with a RWD platform and throw in a V8 and I'm sure it would sell well with younger folks, shyt if they bought back the National that shyt would make people go crazy. They aint gonna do it tho, smh

These would not sell well. That's why GM is stopping production of cars. Americans want crossovers and SUVs.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
These would not sell well. That's why GM is stopping production of cars. Americans want crossovers and SUVs.

Not all cars, yeah they axed the Impala, Volt, LaCrosse and a few other models, and you right they are going more towards SUV’s and crossovers. But they are still going to be making the Regal. I don’t see how it’s too much of a stretch to take that and switch it to a RWD platform and add a Grand National trim to go on top of the GS trim. Buick was toying with the idea as recently as a few years ago. And it may not be as big as it was, but there will always be a segment of car enthusiasts that love muscle cars, sedans or coupes. Maybe switching to a RWD platform would take too much investment, but they already doing AWD in the Regal. That could work for a new GNX

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
My boy had a 87 white one with 15 inch wu-tang 3 blades and white wall vogue tyres on it. We used to drive around in that flexin with the music bumpin swervin through lanes back in like 95. It was like a baby caddy. shyt, I might need to do one up outta thread nostalgia.

Gas was cheap, ride around bumpin everything from Tha Alkaholiks to

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Oldsmobile made the Delta 88, the comparable Buick from those years would've been the Electra or 225 "Deuce and a quarter"

Mine was a 98 with the 3800 :wow:

Used to fukk with Buicks hard, real hard. My first car was a Buick, had a '96 Regal GS with that ugly ass luggage rack on the back. I loved that bytch tho, and it was moderately quick too. Had a few LeSabres, a '93 and a '97 IIRC, nothing special but that 3800 engine was a tank, pushed them because they were in abundance at auctions back about 15+ years ago, used to cop them for like 4-600 bucks and it was a damn good deal for the use I got out of them. Would ride them for a year them flip them for twice what I paid for it. Then the holy grail of my Buicks was a '83 Regal T-Type with T-Tops, the Turbo 6 was shot when I got it so I dropped a 5.3L out of a '04 Tahoe in there, did a few other mods and that bytch would literally stand up off the line if I hit it right. I had it back when those early 2000's Monte Carlo's was OD on the streets and I used to stay burning brehs in them FWD SS's. Used to even lie and tell brehs it was a Grand National until I got embarrassed by this dude with a real National one day :mjlol:

And one day I'm going to get a real National, although the prices on those have shot thru the fukking roof, I probably will end up building one from the ground up.

The early 2000 Regal GS models are true sleepers tho, the 97-04 models with the series S/C Series 3800 is actually a pretty quick car, especially for a FWD V6, do a pulley swap on the S/C and its straight up fast.

Rumor has it that the owner of ABC Tow in Oakland, Ca has the largest collection of Nationals in the country. It's said that whenever he tows them,he'd hold on to it until the storage fees would be too much for the owner to afford most of the time.