Why do people like Killmonger over Black Panther?

Discussion in 'The Locker Room' started by BlackMoney, Mar 14, 2019 at 11:03 AM.

1. Ricky Dunigan

Ricky Dunigan All Star

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

He was a more interesting character. :yeshrug:

I rocks with the king, but I've always thought he was flat

2. Black Lightning

Black Lightning Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $200550.00

[​IMG]

3. CreepyMcCreeperson

CreepyMcCreeperson Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

Watch this. He make very good points.

4. HarlemHottie

HarlemHottie **Uptown Thoroughbred**

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    #ADOS
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

Not even. Chicken George actually came back for his family. :mjpls:

5. Rhakim

Rhakim Superstar Poster of the Year Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Inglewood
    Coli Cash:
    $304336.00

People die every day b, so of course nothing "happens" without people dying somewhere. We ain't immortals. But it has been proven over and over again that nonviolent revolutions are more effective than violent ones, both in probability of success and in positivity of outcomes afterwards.

https://phys.org/news/2019-02-nonviolent-resistance-successful-effecting-violent.html

Because when you stop caring about life, you become the oppressor. And no oppressed people has been able to pull the magic superhero card where they somehow inflict mass casualities on the oppressor without seeing death and destruction inflicted on their own.

Yes, you SHOULD be willing to die to change your condition. But you don't have to be willing to kill - the entire 20th century is an obvious counterargument. You have to be completely historically illiterate to believe that nonviolence is ineffective in changing conditions. That's not even just a little bit of ignorance - you basically gotta be clueless about the entire last 100+ years of world history.

Yeah, Mao's a great example, kill 45 million of your own people and then brag about it. :mindblown:

China was already by far the biggest country in the world population-wise when Mao took over, it would have been EASY to avoid Western puppet status because the West didn't have a chance in hell of controlling a population of 550 million on the opposite side of the world. Even the lowest-key nonviolent resistance would have been effective in that situation - if the Chinese people didn't cooperate, the West wouldn't have been able to do shyt.

But yeah, the best option was for nearly 50,000,000 people to die while none of them and none of their children would see the fruits of that shyt for another couple generations. :mjlol:

That doesn't make sense on any level. It took the USA hundreds of years to grow from already being the biggest country in the world to finally managing to elevate your people to middle-income status long after the West had already done it? :what:

Look at Japan - they were a bombed-out trash heap after WW2, yet they recovered far faster than anything Mao was doing in China. Look at even little countries like Finland - they were basically a third-world nation when WW2 ended, now they enjoy one of the top lifestyles in the world.

Saying that Mao had to kill tens of millions of people so the average Chinaman would get to be....average.... :skip:

Yeah, cape for the event that led to decades of war and suffering not just in France but in the rest of the world too. :what:

But I guess continuous war and suffering is okay just so long as it gives you "power". Wanna be White people brehs?

Probably because he couldn't even hold power but got knocked down and executed almost immediately after gaining the throne. Be executed after 15 days at the top brehs. :skip:

Wild self and Tetsuo dapped this.
  6. DatManJay

DatManJay All Star

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Israel
    Coli Cash:
    $499.00

Care to explain? Since you seem to be expert, why don't you elaborate in why my opinion is "awful"?
    :feedme:

7. DatManJay

DatManJay All Star

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Israel
    Coli Cash:
    $499.00

Eh...still not impressed with Chicken George. He was too naive, which made him soft.
    :yeshrug:

Chicken George is a fictional character anyway, so why are you getting your panties in a bunch over a "make believe" person?
    :mjpls:

Nat Turner is an actual historical figure that was willing to correct injustices by any means necessary. Similar to Malcolm X and Killmonger (also a fictional character).
    :myman:

8. HarlemHottie

HarlemHottie **Uptown Thoroughbred**

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    #ADOS
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

:gucci: You doing the most, son.

9. NinoBrown

NinoBrown Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $200500.00

Killmonger represented Black American struggle, we share the same DNA as the Motherland, but we have been on our own for centuries.

He is the hurt little Black child that has abandoned and had to fight for everything in a society that is ran by White Supremacy.

So I rock with Killmonger.

AllHolosEve, blalienz and kuts dapped this.
  10. Emoryal

Emoryal Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $100015.00

You know what they say about assuming.

11. kuts

kuts All Star

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $100500.00

:mjcry:

NinoBrown dapped this.
  12. The Fire

The Fire #activated Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    brooklyn
    Coli Cash:
    $234590.91

relax

He was more badass in this movie than he was in his own though

13. Intruder v3.0

Intruder v3.0 SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Love
    Coli Cash:
    $346050.00

I guess i missed/forgot that part. Not all of us memorized the key parts of the movie like a freakin black bible, breh :manny:

14. AllHolosEve

AllHolosEve FullMoon AlphaMale

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    SouthSide, MPLS
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Amercan still doesn't =/= ADOS though. Parents could've descended from anywhere.
    Nowhere in the movie does it state her family history.

Like other people said I like the fact that I could identify with where he was coming from. I wouldn't do it his way though.

I'd have border tribe goons spread across Africa recruiting & build mini Wakandas first, like outposts. Then I'd get my wardogs ready on some Hydra shyt.

15. Big Boss

Big Boss Veteran

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Facts

Wild self dapped this.