Why do we (black people) often have disposition towards nature/hiking/camping?

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
Never been camping (and unsure if I actually want to) but I love hiking. Used to go to Crowders quite a bit last year.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i grew up in a small town in mississippi
first of all the fukking kkk still had meetings in the woods and second i pay for the shyt in my house so i will goddamn use it and not pay money to be outside

This right here. My grandparents were from the south and told me them white folks in the woods stories so it was a cautionary tale
Instead of recreational mostly. Did enjoy it the few times i did it as a kid but im a city nikka so crickets and shyt chirping thru the night give me anxiety

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
If you’re serious, I’d be down. Won’t be eating mushrooms or wild food tho lol.
my lady and I have been reading a lot about natural medicines especially in a black/african context. we found reishi mushrooms out all over the place, crowder's mt, reedy creek, mcdowell, and have made some medicine from it.

I got certified/licensed to be able to sell wild mushrooms in like 7 states. we wouldn't be able to really pick to sell or whatever, but more about spreading knowledge of whats out there.

A lot of black folks I see on hikes just run up and down mountains and perhaps, don't know where to start with understanding what the outdoors is, what is out there, either hazardous or beneficial. I want to help bridge that gap.

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
my lady and I have been reading a lot about natural medicines especially in a black/african context. we found reishi mushrooms out all over the place, crowder's mt, reedy creek, mcdowell, and have made some medicine from it.

I got certified/licensed to be able to sell wild mushrooms in like 7 states. we wouldn't be able to really pick to sell or whatever, but more about spreading knowledge of whats out there.

A lot of black folks I see on hikes just run up and down mountains and perhaps, don't know where to start with understanding what the outdoors is, what is out there, either hazardous or beneficial. I want to help bridge that gap.
That’s actually a great idea. I can admit, I don’t know what’s out there; I just like hiking for the exercise. So yeah, if you’re able to make it happen, I’d be apt to participate.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Went hiking for the first time a few weeks ago and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Nature is so beautiful

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
That’s actually a great idea. I can admit, I don’t know what’s out there; I just like hiking for the exercise. So yeah, if you’re able to make it happen, I’d be apt to participate.
I'll make sure to update you with it. currently cataloging whats coming in and out of season