Why don't "team up" albums sell as much as artist solo albums?

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You look Jay and B album. 2 different audiences, should lead to big streaming numbers. Drake/Future. Lil Baby/Durk. Like in theory, it should have huge streaming numbers because you got huge core audiences. I think that Anderson/ Bruno should be huge though. But in general these team up albums don't have the huge numbers.

Killalex

Hov did it so you don't have to
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDE
95% of them are made for a quick cash grab from hype.
Even though the average listener is a retard they can spot it.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Coli thinks that basically artist X sells 100K first week solo, artist Y sells 150K first week solo so that means they should sell 250K or more first week together but it don’t work like that

Last edited:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
You look Jay and B album. 2 different audiences, should lead to big streaming numbers. Drake/Future. Lil Baby/Durk. Like in theory, it should have huge streaming numbers because you got huge core audiences. I think that Anderson/ Bruno should be huge though. But in general these team up albums don't have the huge numbers.
Because they are never ever promoted as much as the solo efforts

how collab albums have a single that’s been streaming for a while before the album?

how many of these collab albums have videos to songs after it’s been released

Theres just treated as side projects made for the fans to enjoy which is kind of cool