Why is Juan Soto this year and last treated like he’s god?

HandyWithTheSteel

Superstar
Daps
Petco park is one of the least hitter-friendly parks in the league, particularly with left handed hitters.

Yankee Stadium is a shoebox. Soto is about to eat.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's far more likely that Soto benefits Judge more than Judge benefits Soto.
I wouldn't expect massive HR totals out of Soto, though he probably will be in that 25-35 range.

I think the point is...Soto's on base skills should put Judge in a lot more advantageous hitting situations.
And if Soto and Judge both get pitched around, then whoever is behind them has to deliver.

In San Diego, it was Tatis and Soto batting in front of Machado. Machado didn't exactly light the world on fire though, hitting just .258/.319/.462.
Projections now are that Anthony Rizzo will bat after Judge, and so you hope that he doesn't roll over a bunch of grounders to 2B for double plays. Not that Rizzo is a groundball hitter, but he's aging...

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
:martin: you know damn well Soto will not be a rental...don't be silly

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
It's far more likely that Soto benefits Judge more than Judge benefits Soto.
I wouldn't expect massive HR totals out of Soto, though he probably will be in that 25-35 range.

I think the point is...Soto's on base skills should put Judge in a lot more advantageous hitting situations.
And if Soto and Judge both get pitched around, then whoever is behind them has to deliver.

In San Diego, it was Tatis and Soto batting in front of Machado. Machado didn't exactly light the world on fire though, hitting just .258/.319/.462.
Projections now are that Anthony Rizzo will bat after Judge, and so you hope that he doesn't roll over a bunch of grounders to 2B for double plays. Not that Rizzo is a groundball hitter, but he's aging...

Soon...