Willow TV Series - In Development at Disney+

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Caught up with the show, figured might as well ride it out but it's not connecting with me :francis:. Will watch the last episode though to finish out the season, but if it gets renewed I won't be back.

Show is really designed for kids. Like Nickelodeon/Disney channel age kids. Any exposition they do explaining the lore of the world is clunky to me and often times the dialogue is just plain bad, and it's not because they aren't speaking in the typical British/fantasy cadence. Some of the scene transitions are :heh: where it just cuts to something different. Show has a very light, jokey tone which is fine, not everything needs to be serious but when it switches to something earnest or heartfelt, it doesn't really land with me. Plus none of the actors are able to really rise above the material or have a ton of charisma to make you want to tune in. Show could have benefited from a scenery chewing villain across the season.

On the positive side, I did think the trolls were funny in their episode. Elora looks cooler with red hair now, not sure why it changed colors :skip:.

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
I do like that the show is getting more "80's-style Sword and Sorcery" like.
Yeah it's taking cues from Legend, Labyrinth and Neverending Story. I had to go back and watch the original 1988 movie and I think nostalgia is the reason why people are saying the movie is better than the show.

Rhapture

Supporter
Daps
Link broken

Last edited:

Rhapture

Supporter
Daps
Hopefully season 2 won't be as slow. This show needs Ridley Scott. I wish the Crone looked more like Meg Mucklebone than Supreme Leader Snoke

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I liked it. It's way better than the sequel book series Shadow Moon, Shadow Dawn & Shadow Star.

Of course, Willow is one of my favorite movies. The show ended up doing a good job of finding that tone of the movie, once it hit it's stride. However, I don't know if the show needs more Willow or less, for the story.

This probably could've been condensed into a movie though....this season and the next.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I think they even removed this shyt from the Disney+ platform

:picard:

I tapped out around ep 3 or 4 i think,,,,shyt was bland