Women really believe their pain threshold is higher than men's b/c they give birth

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Most men I know have a low tolerance for pain.

I wish men can experience period cramps. I bet most of you would be laying on the floor in a fetal position begging for it to stop.

Let’s not even consider giving birth to an actual human being.
:mjlol:

Literally the stupidest shyt:mjlol:

Period cramps:deadmanny:

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
However, in 2012 a team of researchers from Stanford University in the US completed a review of over 11,000 medical records and discovered that women actually tend to feel pain more intensely, particularly when it comes to acute inflammation. Within that zero-to-10 pain rating scale, on average women's pain ratings were almost a point higher than men's.

But that's only one piece of the puzzle, because the analysis was primarily based on self-reported ratings in a hospital setting. The researchers also didn't have access to information that would help them determine the causes of such differences between the sexes. And they haven't been the only ones looking.

Back in 2009, a team of researchers from the University of Florida performed a massive literature review of pain-related research studies, and also found that women show greater sensitivity to most forms of pain. They also found that women experience more pain in general - they go to the doctor with pain-related issues more often than men, they take more painkillers, and suffer from more painful ailments, such as lower back pain and migraines.

In experimental settings, it was the men who demonstrated a higher pain threshold, according to the review. An experimental setting here means that someone was deliberately hurting people and asking them how they felt about it. Overall, men were found to be more tolerant of pain than women, at least in the lab. One of the proposed explanations for this is biological - men's bodies usually release more pain-relieving biochemicals, such as beta-endorphins.

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
"Human studies more reliably show that men have higher pain thresholds than women, and some show that men have a higher pain tolerance as well," Graham adds. Another way of thinking about these results, she points out, is that women show more sensitivity to pain.

There are several explanations for the variability. A woman's response to pain is affected by hormones, Graham explains, specifically where a woman is in her menstrual cycle when the painful stimulus is introduced. But there is no agreement about how, exactly, the menstrual cycle affects pain response. "Some studies report that women show more sensitivity during the premenstrual phase, while others report greater sensitivity at ovulation, and still others, following menses," notes Graham. "A few studies have shown no difference based on the menstrual cycle."

The socialization of gender further muddies the waters. How do society's expectations influence the way experimental subjects report pain?

"This question is really key," admits Graham. "Boys typically learn that they are expected to be tough and not complain about pain. One study, conducted by researchers at the State University of New York at Stony Brook, found that men reported less pain in the presence of a female experimenter than they did in the presence of a male."

But the most confounding problem may be the complex nature of pain itself.

Probing Question: Do women have a higher pain threshold than men? | Penn State University

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
nah one of my nikkas always used to say there is no way women have a high pain tolerance, because they be getting punched on by nikkas that we know don't hit hard (from fighting them ourselves) and acting like they got shot :mjlol:

and being honest I don't think period cramps are worse than a bad charlie horse from a long hooping session. Charlie horses are hell though :damn:

Lastly, do you see how often women go to the doctor for the most minor pain or discomfort? All the women in my life think I'm crazy because I don't rush to the doctor when I feel random pain or discomfort, and most men are like that.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Bro... a person would have to be muthafukin retarded to not think women's threshold for pain is not higher than a mans...
nikka, everything they do has pain and being uncomfortable involved in it...
Having kids....
Having periods...
Having sex.
Getting their bodies waxed.
Wearing heels.

You could beat a bytch upside the head for ur entire relationship, she'd actually think u love her...

Females are demonic when it comes to pain
:demonic:

Mike_Pipeson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
HTX
Breh.. I’ve had a baby and don’t even fukking care :mjlol: these nikkas need hobbies
These mofos be arguing with women for 40 pages on threads, losing their minds if a woman likes sex, and now mad cuz women have the "audacity" to say they can tolerate pain more than men cuz of child birth, acting like they would like to be able to so they can say 'told ya so!':dwillhuh:

Nikkas on here need to get p*ssy bad and stop being pussies:hhh: