Would it have been best if Jamie Lannister died S8 E3? (No E6 spoilers)

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since we talk about character arcs and what not

Instead of the pathetic death he had in episode 5, do you think his arc would have been more complete if he died at the battle of winterfell?

It would complete his arc on leaving Cersei and punctuate it more with him giving his life fighting for the living while she chose to betray them.

I dont think very many people were satisfied at the end of jamie and brienne's sexlationship so im fine with it never happening.

Imo it should have been platonic from the jump. Founded on each earning the others respect, jamie redeeming himself as a scumbag and brienne earning his respect as a warrior, becoming a knight and redeeming herself for the blame she put on herself for Renly's death.

What do yall think? What should have happened instead?

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
I think it would've been great for Jamie to die in Brienne's arms at Winterfell, even though I was never a J/B shipper. It would have completed his wish for dying in the arms of the woman he loved, while also keeping Jamie's arc intact and completely avoiding that HORRIBLE J/B hookup.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The pathetic death was the point. Remember when Tywin told him about his blessings and asked him what he had done with them. Or when jeoffry showed him his empty page in the chronicles of the kings guard? Jaimie was a fukk up :yeshrug:

wordsbymj

aka percy miracles
Daps
More than a few people should have died in E3, and their lackluster deaths in subsequent eps show that it wasn't worth keeping them alive.

:yeshrug:

But I guess this is how the writers wanted to go out. To me it just shows that GRRM is a supreme storyteller and these dudes are just good TV writers.