Writer's and Actor's Strike 2023: Aaaaand Scene...That's a Wrap!

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps

giphy.gif

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
This is a writer for Variety

This paints the WGA in a bad light by saying WGA tried to bring new deal points. People are saying to wait for the WGA to make an official statement. Deadline, variety and places like that are owned and/or in bed with the studios.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
This is a writer for Variety

This paints the WGA in a bad light by saying WGA tried to bring new deal points. People are saying to wait for the WGA to make an official statement. Deadline, variety and places like that are owned and/or in bed with the studios.

Honoring sister strikes?

I thought this might happen. Somebody is going to be forced to hold their own nuts

TDT

All Star
Daps
So i presume they're back at it... followed by another dinner break where the CEOs laughing like "these mf'ers here" :sas1:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Writers getting somewhere. So how about the actors?
Actors deal will most likely mirror the writers deal

That's usually how it goes, whichever union is up first for negotiations will set the standard for every other union deal after it. The DGA handled their deal pretty quickly this year, but A.i. and streaming is a bigger deal for writers/actors so they couldn't just piggyback off of that situation.

Might be a lil different this go round with A.i., but I don't think expect the actors to hold everyone up if the writers managed to get something that works for them. Producers wouldn't set up a structure for writers that they aren't comfortable with the actors getting as well.

3 year deal? So we’ll probably be here again in 3? :heh:
Highly doubt it.

This one was more serious because technology made a huge leap with a.i.

If shyt is essentially the same in 3 years you won't see a huge strike occuring, the demands won't be as extensive. It all depends on the technology.