WWE Network shutting down in states by March and moving to Peacock in $1 Billion deal.

Discussion in 'TSC' started by prophecypro, Jan 25, 2021.

1. prophecypro

prophecypro Hollywood North

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    LDN
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Peacock Becomes WWE Network Exclusive U.S. Streaming Distributor - Variety

WWE has struck a deal with NBCUniversal that will see all content currently found on WWE Network in the United States become exclusive to the Peacock streaming platform from 18 March.

Per Jacob Feldman of Sportico/Yahoo, all shows currently found on the Network will be available on Peacock Premium at a cost of $4.99 a month, down from the Network's current $9.99. Live pay-per-views will be included on top of the Network's colossal archive. The WWE Network will be shut down in the United States from the date above.

WWE is yet to release and official statement on the matter. On top of this, the deal's financial terms had not been disclosed at the time of writing.

WWE President and Chief Revenue Officer Nick Khan has said the following:-

“NBC is the best fit for us. They understand our product and our audience and have the SVOD (subscription video on demand) platform to support it and drive eyeballs that way.”
    This deal is almost a year in the making. Vince McMahon announced during WWE's Q4 2019 earnings call in February 2020 that he intended to find a buyer for the promotion's content rights, claiming "all the majors are really clamouring for our content."

Peacock soon emerged as a potential new home for their shows, with Executive Vice President and Chief Revenue Officer Rick Cordella eyeing a move in mid-2020. This escalated when Khan took on his current role last August and both parties were keen to get the deal done before WrestleMania 37 in April.

Khan stated in October 2020 WWE was seeking "alternative strategic options" regarding its content, with colleague Michael Weitz claiming the Network itself wouldn't be sold outright. Talks with international platforms were also discussed during the same Q3 2020 earnings call.

Peacock hit 26 million subscribers in December 2020. WWE Network averaged around 1.5 million throughout the year.

KingBeez dapped this.
  2. prophecypro

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    LDN
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

3. Suzuki-Gunna

Suzuki-Gunna Thank You Kobe

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $300500.00

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN IF YOU WANT TO WATCH WRESTLEMANIA THE ONLY PLACE YOU CAN WATCH IS ON PEACOCK!

ONLY 9.99 !

ball15life, Bob-omb, TL15 and 10 others dapped this.
  4. prophecypro

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    LDN
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

This doesnt seem that bad, it just means its moving to Peacock but I guess what will suck is if its not a proper portal just for the network on there and you gotta shift through all the crap. The 4.99 though makes like maybe it will but that also might be an extra 4.99 on top of having to pay the standard for Peacock (pause)

Im overseas so this dont affect me yet ....but Im guessing they'll interact the UK into BT

Its a risk. WWE Network was available as part of OSN in Middle East (Similar to TSN in Canada) and then that company just dropped all sports and they lost all their viewers. Im guessing they wont do that but this just feels like another example of VInce ready to sell WWE and seeing the end.

Ya' Cousin Cleon dapped this.
  5. Cynic

Cynic Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $326176.00

END OF AN ERA :wow:

6. Jesus H. Christ

Jesus H. Christ I died for your sins

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Won't be streaming the peacock from harlem:dame:

All seriousness, this was known that the WWE was selling content:yeshrug:

ball15life, Bob-omb, richaveli83 and 8 others dapped this.
  7. Rayzah

Rayzah I'm Everywhere you ain't never there

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $100067.00

I’m not trying to jump into peacock, that’s another useless platform trying to get into the streaming game.

Some of these companies don’t realize that their content has been whored out to other networks for so long that there is no reason to try to make your own platform anymore.

Looks like I will go back to downloading the ppv the next day.

It’s a ok business move I just don’t think peacock deserves my money. Over the years I have realized how unnecessary the network really is and it doesn’t add anything to the current experience. It’s not giving out news, it doesn’t further storylines and it doesn’t have anything exclusively that is worth a damn.

ball15life, Bob-omb, TL15 and 11 others dapped this.
  8. Rell Lauren

Rell Lauren Veteran

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NYC
    Coli Cash:
    $544.44

Good for WWE, but I'll pass on Peacock. Yet another streaming service that has gated content.

HIVAIDS, FooFighters and Rayzah dapped this.
  9. JerseyBoy23

JerseyBoy23 Veteran

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Essex County, NJ
    Coli Cash:
    $675645.00

If you have Comcast internet or Cox internet, you get WWE Network for free. :ohhh:

10. Legal

Legal Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $342500.00

Sucks for people that just wanted nothing but WWE content, but it's a great deal for WWE. The subscriber base for Peacock is likely exponentially larger than WWE network, considering I'm one of many people that gets Peacock premium for free as part of of my services from my ISP.

11. R=G

R=G Street Terrorist Hall of Shame Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Westcoast
    Coli Cash:
    $445127.00

Got me by 35 mins..lol. Touche.

prophecypro dapped this.
  12. phillycavsfan

phillycavsfan WAHOOWA Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Philadelphia
    Coli Cash:
    $380125.00

Yup, I have Xfinity. So I'll be able to watch Wrestlemania for free? Nice.

13. ÆTHER

ÆTHER The Fifth Element

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    93 million miles above these devils
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

$200m a year for the next 5 years for PPVs, ancillary content and their old shyt :ehh:.

This streaming game is crazy, companies engaging in billion dollar yard sales.

14. JerseyBoy23

JerseyBoy23 Veteran

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Essex County, NJ
    Coli Cash:
    $675645.00

Wonder how long it'll be before WarnerMedia calls up Tony Khan.

15. thaKEAF

thaKEAF #grizzlies #titans Hall of Fame Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Memphis
    Coli Cash:
    $12199824.88

Interesting. I have peacock for free so this is a W for me whenever I get the itch to watch something WWE related.

like the breh above said though, the layout on the app is gonna be shyt to get through probably. Peacock itself isn’t laid out the best so I can only imagine adding like 50 years of content.

NBC are really trying to push this app. First pulling The Office from Netflix and now this.