XXXTentacion Reportedly Signs $6 Million Deal With Capitol Ahead of Assault Trial

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
So basically he owes the label a bunch of money they have to recoup before he can start making anything :mjgrin:
Can you show me a link where this is stated?

Deals can be complex it can be 90% recoupment and then 30% deal or whatever. It can be split down in different types of advancements, recording advance, publishing advance and on.

I don't know how giving a man a free loan (that he doesn't have to pay back), taking care of his business and lets him do exactly what he wants and live life is some type of L.

I've basically heard 2 verses from this dude, but to hate on a deal you know nothing about that transfers fat bags to a little kid is really some weirdo behavior.

Last edited:

Brock Landers

AKA Tyler Hands-thorough
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Torrance, CA
Can you show me a link where this is stated?

Deals can be complex it can be 90% recoupment and then 30% deal or whatever. It can be split down in different types of advancements, recording advance, publishing advance and on.

I don't know how giving a man a free loan (that he doesn't have to pay back), taking care of his business and lets him do exactly what he wants and live life is some type of L.

I've basically heard 2 verses from this dude, but to hate on a deal you know nothing about that transfers fat bags to a little kid is really some weirdo behavior.
So you're going to speculate about a deal that may or may not even exist or know ANY details at this point and then get mad when other people do the same thing? :mjgrin:
A label is not going to try and recoup ALL monies owed to them from signing an artist? The label is there to make money for itself first and foremost, I'm not an industry insider but it's plain to see from DECADES of this occurring that they do not have a new artists' best intentions as their #1 priority. He could continue to do all of this just as he's been doing as an independent artist (maybe not as big of a marketing budget) without having to owe anyone shyt beyond what he's been paying already...and now he's gotta potentially give up a cut of his merchandise, publishing, shows, masters etc etc? :camby: Money is cheap as shyt right now so all of that "free loan" BS is no excuse to get fukked over in the long term for a short-term reward.

blizzard man

Join the Nintendo Fun Club today!
Daps
Reppin
DC
I'm confused about this too. I know he had a deal with empire for distribution for his debut. I'm assuming this is covering all of his next for a certain amount of time.

He has his own "label," so I wonder if this deal includes anybody that signs with him and that's why it's so much. But Caroline is still independent, according to the website. And if he only signed to them for distribution, I'm wondering why it's so much.

Variety is saying it's a distribution deal only and that the deal isn't finalized and the amount is overstated.
XXXTentacion, Rapper Facing Domestic Violence Charges, in Talks for Distribution Deal With Caroline

So he'll still be independent but I guess he left empire for them and they'll be promoting him, which is smart of him. I don't think empire did a damn thing for him. He sold off word of mouth and artist cosigns. If they actually push him and shoot for radio (I don't wanna do this anymore is still a hit), he'll end up being huge.

all true, as long as he doesnt sabotage himself somehow with some new charges or drugs

giving any sort of deal to someone as unhinged and angsty as xxx is prolly not gonna end well

but this is america in 2017, he keeps acting how he does, and he can be president :mjgrin:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
So you're going to speculate about a deal that may or may not even exist or know ANY details at this point and then get mad when other people do the same thing? :mjgrin:
A label is not going to try and recoup ALL monies owed to them from signing an artist? The label is there to make money for itself first and foremost, I'm not an industry insider but it's plain to see from DECADES of this occurring that they do not have a new artists' best intentions as their #1 priority. He could continue to do all of this just as he's been doing as an independent artist (maybe not as big of a marketing budget) without having to owe anyone shyt beyond what he's been paying already...and now he's gotta potentially give up a cut of his merchandise, publishing, shows, masters etc etc? :camby: Money is cheap as shyt right now so all of that "free loan" BS is no excuse to get fukked over in the long term for a short-term reward.
Where did I speculate? I used your speculation to ask how you could hate on it.

And it's hard running a successful rap career that's why people sign to labels, even the most successful people (obviously they get better deals). Some people just want to do what they love and live a good life, not everyone is trying his hardest to maximize every single buck. So I don't know why one would hate on it. From my impression he seems like a straight fool, so running a company is probably not a thing he would be good at. Specially not a successful company in a business in which most companies fail.

And "money is free", it's not. The nice thing with a deal is that you don't have to pay it back, unlike a bank loan. It's also not easy to get a 6 million dollar loan with your youtube views as collateral.

Last edited: