Y’all bum ass mafukkas don’t deserve a title: 2022 GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers off-season thread

Season predictions?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Because its Pelinka and not the Nets FO being stupid
First Pelinka didn’t know the cap which was false now yall really thinking it’s entirely his fault and the not the nets who are trying to run it back like idiots
God yall hate for the Lakers is hilarious:dead:

I’m sure they also doing too much, in fact you might be right that the Nets are the main problem here. Teams are extremely petty and reluctant to work with the Lakers under regular circumstances. So they could be driving the price up out of spite.

My question is, how much could they possibly drive the price up when we’re desperate and so are they? Idgaf about those picks if you telling me we can get Kyrie and try to make one more run. Kyrie is helping us out by narrowing the market, if they asking for extra picks and THT and take on Harris’ contract that’s not a big ask imo.

Black Mamba

All Star
Daps
I’m sure they also doing too much, in fact you might be right that the Nets are the main problem here. Teams are extremely petty and reluctant to work with the Lakers under regular circumstances. So they could be driving the price up out of spite.

My question is, how much could they possibly drive the price up when we’re desperate and so are they? Idgaf about those picks if you telling me we can get Kyrie and try to make one more run. Kyrie is helping us out by narrowing the market, if they asking for extra picks and THT and take on Harris’ contract that’s not a big ask imo.
Nets told they ain’t even trying to accommodate Kyrie so they probably are trying some weird dumb shyt with us to exasperate him. At that point we really don’t know what’s going on
Shams was saying Lakera are in it last week now he’s saying there is no traction
shyt got me :unimpressed: something might happen or won’t happen.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Nets told they ain’t even trying to accommodate Kyrie so they probably are trying some weird dumb shyt with us to exasperate him. At that point we really don’t know what’s going on
Shams was saying Lakera are in it last week now he’s saying there is no traction
shyt got me :unimpressed: something might happen or won’t happen.

It’s no telling what’s actually going on. Because I find it a little hard to believe that a first from 5 years into the future is holding this up.

I do agree, we need to do everything we can to get Seth instead of Harris since it’s saved money and Seth is a more sure bet. But I’m not gon cry if we take Harris and give picks up instead.

areohbee824

Superstar
Daps
Warmed up to it but ain't fallin for it unless it happens. Theres still negotiations, if it happens cool, it does improve the team with what we got now, if not then hopefully a better effort over last year. That's where I'm at with this

Russ should have never been moved here in the first place. We already gave up a huge haul for AD and another big haul for Russ, now kind of tapped out on moves going forward

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Warmed up to it but didn't fall for it. Theres still negotiations, if it happens cool, it does improve the team with what we got now, if not then hopefully a better effort over last year. That's where I'm at with this

Russ should have never been moved here in the first place. We already gave up a huge haul for AD and another big haul for Russ, now kind of tapped out on moves going forward

AD and Kyrie even if Bron leaves is a decent team for the next 3 to 5 years at least.

They are crazy to not take that deal in my opinion.

Last edited:

Mars

Superstar
Daps
If BK is playing hard Ball.....The Lakers should sign Schroder and keep it moving....Sign Kyrie next Summer without having to give up picks....or trade for him before the deadline if he becomes available.

areohbee824

Superstar
Daps
AD and Kyrie even if Bron leaves is a decent for the next 3 to 5 years at least.

They are crazy to not take that deal in mu opinion.

I think if Bron does leave after this year I believe the team will likely be blown up. AD traded and maybe a pick back or more (if he does well individually) and Kyrie prob walk also so I don't know tbh, that could happen too

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Real talk tho, the league is supremely bytchmade for their unofficial collusion against GOAT franchise. Like, these idiots really wonder why I call the Lakers that when it takes active efforts of 29 teams to prevent us from being successful.

I don’t see no other teams in sports dealing with that. And I would suggest that it be done away with, but I can’t help but feel flattered by their fear and jealousy. NBA truly is a bytch ass hoe ass league, Lakers need to secede and be their own entity on some Notre Dame shyt.

Laker tax huh? Yeah bet let’s tax all these billions that the Lakers make annually the fukk up out of the NBA’s profits and keep that. Jeanie should bring that tax to the table instead. What’s good for the golden goose is good for the bytch ass jealous ass gander….:skip:

Mars

Superstar
Daps
AD and Kyrie even if Bron leaves is a decent for the next 3 to 5 years at least.

They are crazy to not take that deal in my opinion.
I think LA should break it up and rebuild/have a good team before they have to hand over those picks to Brooklyn. Being a decent team means nothing with a franchise like the Lakers. It's about winning championships... It would be hard to build a title contender around Kyrie/AD when there's a limit on how much Jeanie is willing to spend.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
that’s ample opportunity for Ballmer to slide in and sell the clips as a more stable situation.
I mean it goes without saying it’s a more stable situation (Magic Johnson, Phil Jackson, Rob Pelinka, Kurt and Linda Rambis, Klutch, and Jeannie scared to write checks vs Jerry West, Lawrence Frank, and Ballmer spending whatever).

But I don’t think it really matters because the prestige is still playing for the Lakers. Unless you’re talking about attracting the minimum guys.

I think the deal should be done. Russ, THT, and both picks for Kyrie and Joe Harris. Because what’s the alternative?

jaydawg08

Pro
Daps
That Jeanie Buss tweet starting to make more sense. this is about not wanting to spend $$ and picks. She tried to use Kobe as a cover on some "Kobe would have wanted what's long term best for the franchise" when in reality he would have wanted to maximize winning NOW when you have the top end talent we do.

At this point the Buss kids are having to split $$ from the Lakers and don't seem willing to "take a pay cut" and pay a lil more or give away draft picks. It AGAIN boils down to them not having enough $$ to make it happen

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it's july 5th. i would wait until training camp to throw a fit. y'all need to relax and be patient. we got fukking robbed in the AD trade when we were the only team he wanted to go. if pelinka is taking a more cautious approach then im all for it.