Yall ready to admit Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood is QT's best film?

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
vX2teJ.gif

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Nah but its the movie he needed to beat the accusations of becoming a parody himself like Burton
and like Wes Anderson

they both hit rock bottom looking like caricatures of themselves then they managed to put out a more balanced film (for Wes imo it was Grand Budapest Hotel) once the heat died down.

I would say they should both be retiring soon but idk if Hollywood has any super stylized directors who can fill that void on a mainstream level, it's more challenging to pull off than going full arthouse and not having a real theatrical release. Not too many other directors create that throwback excitement of going to the movies

Kill Bill was just different tho :wow: we're never gonna see a movie be able to flip into an anime flashback, pay homage to a classic bruce lee fit, randomly switch to black and white, etc. etc.

he did a LOT in that movie and it all worked

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
and like Wes Anderson

they both hit rock bottom looking like caricatures of themselves then they managed to put out a more balanced film (for Wes imo it was Grand Budapest Hotel) once the heat died down.

I would say they should both be retiring soon but idk if Hollywood has any super stylized directors who can fill that void on a mainstream level, it's more challenging to pull off than going full arthouse and not having a real theatrical release. Not too many other directors create that throwback excitement of going to the movies

Kill Bill was just different tho :wow: we're never gonna see a movie be able to flip into an anime flashback, pay homage to a classic bruce lee fit, randomly switch to black and white, etc. etc.

Its easy when you just rip off every kung fu movie ever made.

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
Not even close. One of his worst, if anything.

Django Unchained
Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill Vol. 1
Hateful 8
Jackie Brown

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
How am I not seeing Inglorious Basterds listed? :dahell: It's his last truly great movie that can be in the convo with Jackie Brown, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill (boffum), and Resevoir Dogs.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.

I just rewatched Kill Bill a couple weekends ago, dude was in his bag. That Sonny Chiba/Hattori Hanzo section :ohlawd:. Pai Mei :ohlawd:

still hoping he has a change of heart and gives us that follow up movie with Vernetta Green's daughter coming to kill The Bride.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I just rewatched Kill Bill a couple weekends ago, dude was in his bag. That Sonny Chiba/Hattori Hanzo section :ohlawd:. Pai Mei :ohlawd:

still hoping he has a change of heart and gives us that follow up movie with Vernetta Green's daughter coming to kill The Bride.
shyt was ridiculously creative, he needs to just go back to that raw creative story out of nowhere with completely original characters, he can get kinda tied down trying to tie in historical events imo

Hateful 8 was probably the worst joint he ever made

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
shyt was ridiculously creative, he needs to just go back to that raw creative story out of nowhere with completely original characters, he can get kinda tied down trying to tie in historical events imo

Hateful 8 was probably the worst joint he ever made
I actually love Hateful 8. I do think it goes off the rails with the ending sequence, since the rest of the movie wasn't that cartoony, but it's his version of a stageplay, and it delivers.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I actually love Hateful 8. I do think it goes off the rails with the ending sequence, since the rest of the movie wasn't that cartoony, but it's his version of a stageplay, and it delivers.
Im a big fan of Hateful 8. It's a funny ass movie and I like the ending sequence, shyt cracks me up. Similar to Once Upon a time in that it's a slow burn and a wild ending. Kurt Russel is so good in that movie too, very underrated performance.