Yo! Bum Rush The Show is extremely underrated. I never get tired of listening to it!

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's such a dope album. It keeps my head nodding and gets me hyped.

Part of the reason I love it is how it compliments the rest of PE's catalog. Of course, it is not on the same level as It Takes a Nation or Fear. Those two albums are absolute masterpieces, and I might rank them as the two best hip-hop albums EVER. But I love how Bum Rush allows us to experience a different side of PE. The beats are dope, but more stripped down and slower than the later Bomb Squad beats. But they are still booming and dope as hell. There are only hints of politics here and there, and it's great experiencing Chuck's incredible voice/delivery/mic presence in a different context. Chuck was great even without the politics, and we see it in the braggodocio raps on Bum Rush (it also showed up occasionally in later albums, like in "Rebel Without a Pause," but it was mostly absent). It's also really cool listening to it while keeping in mind how the group's sound would evolve.

I especially love "Sophisticated bytch,"You're Gonna Get Yours," "Miuzi Weights a Ton," and "M.P.E.".

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
song hits different when you consider what would happen to flav later. minimalist and one of the their best tracks ever imo

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
The album cover alone is hard AF :banderas:

Just a bunch of dudes planning to fukk up the stage. Straight up Gigachad boss hog shyt.