"You're Just Disposable": Former Amazon Workers Speak Out | "Amazon Empire" | FRONTLINE

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Well they were disposable
:yeshrug:

I literally worked at the first warehouse in California for 2 years and it sucked, but it wasnt hard to move up if you wanted and they offered to pay 95 percent towards whatever trade you wanted to go for.

Wanna drive trucks? Amazon will cover most of the cost and make it easy for you.

Trying to get into I.T.? Not only did Amazon offer to cover classes, but they even hired people with no degrees and trained them for the job.

If you dont wanna go to school and just work a low skilled job, Amazon will give you opportunities to make some money doing that. If you wanna stay tier 1 at the warehouse and just pack boxes every day and nothing else, well then that's not very easy work and Amazon will let you go for slipping up a few times. You will be disposed of if you dont take advantage of the many opportunities they give you.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
After watching the video, everything that was said about working at Amazon was half true.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
After watching the video, everything that was said about working at Amazon was half true.
I'm halfway through it. Some of it is just savvy business skills and some of it is questionable tactics on their end.

I did have a :ohhh: moment when I saw Jay Carney though. Something in my mind said the name sounded familiar and I googled him. It does look a little suspect and buddy buddy to the Obama administration for dude to get a SVP position.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I'm halfway through it. Some of it is just savvy business skills and some of it is questionable tactics on their end.

I did have a :ohhh: moment when I saw Jay Carney though. Something in my mind said the name sounded familiar and I googled him. It does look a little suspect and buddy buddy to the Obama administration for dude to get a SVP position.
It's no different than the questionable tactics most businesses practice.

Amazon is a shyt job, and honestly they make more than enough to pay more. I'm the type of person who believes pay should revolve around how much the company makes from your work, not how hard the work actually is.

But they do give great opportunities to move up in the company, and will pay for your schooling if you decide to do something else. I know plenty of people that got their cdl for free by working for Amazon.

If you dont wanna do much more than tier 1 work, then you'll struggle cause the shyt isnt easy. If you tuff it out for a year with your eyes set on the future, then Amazon could help set you up for a very respectable career.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's no different than the questionable tactics most businesses practice.

Amazon is a shyt job, and honestly they make more than enough to pay more. I'm the type of person who believes pay should revolve around how much the company makes from your work, not how hard the work actually is.

But they do give great opportunities to move up in the company, and will pay for your schooling if you decide to do something else. I know plenty of people that got their cdl for free by working for Amazon.

If you dont wanna do much more than tier 1 work, then you'll struggle cause the shyt isnt easy. If you tuff it out for a year with your eyes set on the future, then Amazon could help set you up for a very respectable career.
Most businesses aren't essentially monopolies though. The point is that they are becoming more and more powerful and more and more unstoppable which is not good in a democracy.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Most businesses aren't essentially monopolies though. The point is that they are becoming more and more powerful and more and more unstoppable which is not good in a democracy.
Agreed, but most jobs dont offer the benefits that Amazon offers.

I literally worked in one for almost two years breh, people complaining about making rate and shyt are people with no aspiration to do anything else with their life. Do you know how easy it is to become supervising or manager at Amazon? And even if that's not what you wanna do, they'll pay for whatever it is you wanna do.

If you're stuck in life with no skills, kids and shyt, Amazon makes it very easy to do better in life. It's the best place to work if you need something temporary while you work on getting a real career.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Low skilled workers have always been disposable.

They were never meant to be long term jobs.
Facts breh

But Amazon doesn't get credit for making it easy to gain skills while working for them. If you worked at Amazon for more than a year and dont have any certs, then your failures are your own. They literally encourage you to go to school or move up so you not left struggling at the bottom.

Hell Amazon will pay for you to get certs, then pay you $5000 to leave the company after you get them.

What other job does that?

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
You're right, people should take advantage. One of my entry level jobs paid for me to get certs and gave a little bonus for passing.

It was a nice incentive to put extra money in my pocket and led to me moving on to a much better role a year later