YouTube, Spotify, and other streaming services shoving certain song's down your throat unappreciatio

Homey the clown

Homey don't play that
Daps
Reppin
Unknown
I pretty sure you all have seen it. You go to Apple Music, Tidal, Youtube, Spotify or any App that plays music and every once in a while they'll aggressively recommend a certain song or album from a certain artists. Like for example for the past two days whenever I go to YouTube they have been recommending some new music video from Ariana Grande and Lady Gaga. I remember a couple of years ago they where heavily promoting Drake's "God's Plan" song.

I wouldn't have a problem with it, if they did it to every musician who put music out but they dont they only do this type of promotion for certain artist's. And it's kind of cheating because usually these songs or videos get alot of streams and views. It's just a new form of payola in my opinion. Because you know the record labels are paying these streaming services to promote these songs

Last edited:
Daps
I have a subscription of deezer, but recently every now and then they make some "suggestions" for some artists that appear as a pop-up on the app, which if you think about it, its the same as an ad. Something like "have you heard the new song by xxxx artist? You can hear it now". Even though them shyts are not even far related with my musical habits

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
That Amine guy is probably the most egregious example of that along with Clairo and Boy Pablo

BEN23

All Star
Daps
Travis scot and drake. On Apple Music I listen a wide array of music, but all I get is trap and the same artist over and over.

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
:troll:wait,what?
corporations are playing favoritism with their chosen cash cows, you don't say:stopitslime:
i thought all those acts that go number 1 do it organically:mjlol:
:mjgrin: