ZO - Oz sequel short film

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
A short film about life after being in the prison in Oz is coming on 1st of May. Written by Tom Fontana and stars Dean Winters & Lee Tergersen who played Ryan O’Reilly and Tobias Beecher!

May go to a series as well which I would love to see. I’d always hoped there would be some sort of glimpse into what happened after the show ended.

It will be released on YouTube.

https://x.com/kirkacevedo/status/1781049449109983252?s=46&t=oXcULl2BlAZQGsaGTLs0Sg

Edit - just seen the Oz thread that never showed up on a search…

Last edited:

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
Really liked this. Was looking for it earlier when I realised that this was shown at a festival a few years ago. I had forgot all about it.

I wonder what went down between Ryan & Beecher.

I’d love to see it come back with Hill doing his usual narration but each episode catching up with characters who’ve been released. Could have the finale set in Oz with someone who’s still in.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I liked it and the build up of tension leading up to when they see each other was great. I’d like to see what could be done with a limited series. Have it focus on their beef and sprinkle in cameos from any surviving characters. Unfortunately some actors characters that survived the show have passed on.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I liked it and the build up of tension leading up to when they see each other was great. I’d like to see what could be done with a limited series. Have it focus on their beef and sprinkle in cameos from any surviving characters. Unfortunately some actors characters that survived the show have passed on.
They should just make an all new Oz. New cast and everything.

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
They should just make an all new Oz. New cast and everything.
It would be one of two things if made now. Heavily watered down or just retreading old ground with new faces.

I’d sooner see a continuation that explores the lives they live after going through so many horrific experiences and to even do them to survive in a place they’ve called home for so long.

Gang members displaced and no longer relevant, people trying to get work, dealing with everyday tech they have little concept of and the toll it all takes on them. Who tries their hardest to adapt and who gives up and commits a crime just to go back in to Oz because it’s they only life they know and no matter how dangerous it is in there they at least know how to cope?

So much potential there.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
It would be one of two things if made now. Heavily watered down or just retreading old ground with new faces.

I’d sooner see a continuation that explores the lives they live after going through so many horrific experiences and to even do them to survive in a place they’ve called home for so long.

Gang members displaced and no longer relevant, people trying to get work, dealing with everyday tech they have little concept of and the toll it all takes on them. Who tries their hardest to adapt and who gives up and commits a crime just to go back in to Oz because it’s they only life they know and no matter how dangerous it is in there they at least know how to cope?

So much potential there.
I agree that would be an interesting show. Too bad they killed off majority of the characters.

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
I agree that would be an interesting show. Too bad they killed off majority of the characters.
I rewatched the finale the day before this came out. A lot gone and even those still alive you have to guess a good chunk of them died of old age like Rebadow & Busmalis. Or died from the usual shyt in there. Alvarez etc.

Still would love to see McManus reappear and shout in someone’s face though 🫡

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I rewatched the finale the day before this came out. A lot gone and even those still alive you have to guess a good chunk of them died of old age like Rebadow & Busmalis. Or died from the usual shyt in there. Alvarez etc.

Still would love to see McManus reappear and shout in someone’s face though 🫡
McManus was the worst manager ever. Dudes getting murked on his watch daily. Lmao.

I'm rewatching the show now on season 4 I think. A lot of shyt I forgot about. Every episode feels like an entire season.

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
McManus was the worst manager ever. Dudes getting murked on his watch daily. Lmao.

I'm rewatching the show now on season 4 I think. A lot of shyt I forgot about. Every episode feels like an entire season.
I think s4 suffers a bit from the double length but it still gets so much in it too. I’m sure Method Man & Lord Jamar are around at this point.

They used to show Oz in the UK at 3am. Seeing someone like Method Man turn up was HUGE haha. Made staying up late to watch it that little bit better.

I’m surprised McManus survived. If it wasn’t a fist being thrown his way it was a chair.

“Yo fukk you McManus”

“Officer!! Get him the fukk outta here”