Zulus vs Spartans who wins

Made Man

All Star
Daps
:mjlol:
@videogamestashbox.com I don't feel like quoting all that but you basically said a lot without really saying anything at all . I'm the type of dude that welcomes enlightenment and education but nothing you said changes the facts that the Zulu would get wrecked due to them not having proper armor or a supporting Calvary. You can quote whomever you want and try to analyze everything i said, doesn't change anything. i'll address your 3 points.

1.) You are over thinking this to make it a viable discussion. I don't have any assumptions about the Zulu or the Spartans. It's simply about military equipment, tactics and resources available. And i don't have to assume what other posters biases are when it is clearly shown, without a lick of common sense. Guys are in here pretending Zulu warriors can outflank horses and trying to dismiss Calvary all together. That's almost equivalent to one nation now having Aircraft and Naval Superiority vs a nation that doesn't have any...... do i need to say more? That's not me with any pre-conceived political views, ideals or biases.

2.) This is one of those points where you really didn't say anything. Yes, historians have made comparisons. So what? Doesn't mean they are saying that the Zulus in the 1800s can put up a fight against the Spartans of 200 B.C.

3.) "Damn near all non-industrial societies essentially "transform farmers into warriors" I'm not even sure why you bring that up."- videogamestashbox.com

No, the Spartans specifically out of all Greek civilizations were professional warriors who trained since they were young. Spartans had slaves to do all of their farming and agriculture . The Zulu mainly changed to a warrior society when Shaka came to power.

Last edited:

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
What kind of edge do the Zulus bring to the battlefield? Have they got good cavalry? Elephants? Bowmen? Slingers? You need something to negate the strength of the Spartan phalanx. Shooting them is the best way of dealing with them. In the back, ideally, so they don't get protected from your shots by their giant shields. Combined arms is what you need, you need to outsmart them. The phalanx cannot be outpowered one-on-one in a melee, unless you bring a phalanx of your own. It's strong, but its slow, and stupid. Get some javelin cavalry to repeatedly fake charge the phalanx from the front, like how Hannibal used his Numidian cavalry. That ought to keep their attention fixed to the front. While that's happening, take your archers and slingers around the back and shoot them in the ass.

If they've just got basic light infantry, unarmoured and lightly equipped spearmen or something like that, they're going to be annihilated by the Spartans. Combined arms is essential.

Wisdomkeyz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Wisdom
:patrice:i didn't take into account the arrows because i remember the Spartans thought they were for cowards but honestly i feel like it could go either way the reason the Zulus take this round is because of the home field advantage but if they were in Greece i think they would get washed

Now if we was talking the Mali empire vs the Spartans.........