08 GS350 Lexus 88k mi ~$10k yay or nay? UPDATE

Bossyyyyy

All Star
Daps
I found a 08 Lexus GS350 88k miles ~$10k What y’all think?

2 owners, the OG owner bought it from the dealership and got all repairs done thru them as well (nothing notable - oil changes, tune ups etc). good physical condition as well inside and outside

second owner owned it for a total of 2-3 months (gonna look more into this) with the same types of repairs done

gonna take it for a test tomorrow hopefully

what y’all thinking though? first thing in my mind is maintaining reliability which it seems it has done. i also want something that’s relatively fast/ fun to drive that doesn’t break the bank.

anything in particular i should look for/ ask about? this will potentially be my first car purchase. i feel it’s a steal, but at the same time don’t wanna move too hastily

any other Lexus owners?

Bossyyyyy

All Star
Daps
Or pmo with other stuff i should potentially be looking into. willing to listen n learn :feedme:

Bossyyyyy

All Star
Daps
That’s not bad, but personally I wouldn’t pay $10k for a 13 year old daily. I rather a 2013+ Accord, Altima, 2016+ civic etc. Bad thing is used car prices are up crazy rn :francis:
Yeah that’s what I’m seeing now as I look around

what’s really getting me regarding this car is the low mileage and prospect of reliability, plus it just looks really sleek to me (it’s blacked out)

I’m living at home and working from home, so getting a car isn’t a HUGE thing I gotta do right now, thankfully. Thanks for the recommendations also

Bossyyyyy

All Star
Daps
Update: Took a test drive, everything went well. Checked around the car, and saw nothing notable aside from typical wear and tear, a couple scratches etc. Inside was the same story, you could tell the car was a bit old inside, but still very well maintained and taken care of

engine looked and sounded great

there was ONE issue

potential timing chain issue. according to the car fax, the timing chain was replaced around 42k mi, currently we’re at 88k. Would buying this car and then getting the timing chain replaced be worth it? Getting the chain fixed under them would make me eligible for their 100k mi/ 5 yr warranty as well. (Don’t see myself owning/ needing this car longer than 3 years)

just want some extra opinions

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Update: Took a test drive, everything went well. Checked around the car, and saw nothing notable aside from typical wear and tear, a couple scratches etc. Inside was the same story, you could tell the car was a bit old inside, but still very well maintained and taken care of

engine looked and sounded great

there was ONE issue

potential timing chain issue. according to the car fax, the timing chain was replaced around 42k mi, currently we’re at 88k. Would buying this car and then getting the timing chain replaced be worth it? Getting the chain fixed under them would make me eligible for their 100k mi/ 5 yr warranty as well. (Don’t see myself owning/ needing this car longer than 3 years)

just want some extra opinions

I own a gx 470 and i haven't replaced the timing chain yet and its a 150k. Even though its a different engine I thought chains are supposed to be changed every 80?? If you have to replace the chains ask them to to do it or take 1600 off the price.