[1/25/2024] TNA IMPACT!: Okato comes back home šŸŖ™

AStrangeName

Griffith did nothing wrong
Daps
TNA_Impact%21_2024.png

Real graps was displayed last week on Impact and the trend will continue on to this week, as well with the returning Kazuchika Okada, who wasn't been in a TNA ring since 2011.

GEd6WS6WsAAPKBp

AStrangeName

Griffith did nothing wrong
Daps

Can someone who was watching TNA during the time fill me in on why the lights were blue? I didn't start watching wrestling again until around late 2011.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Reigning TNA World Champion Moose recently sat down with Insight with Chris Van Vliet to discuss the recent return of the TNA brand, why he opted to stay with TNA, his finisher, and more. Below are some highlights sent to us by Insight:
Moose on the return of TNA: ā€œ[It feels] great. It is something that within the boys that weā€™ve always talked about and weā€™ve always said to each other, like, what if TNA came back and we werenā€™t Impact Wrestling anymore, and we were just TNA? I didnā€™t know personally, they never told me anything. Iā€™m the last person that finds out about anything thatā€™s going on. And I remember the night. I think Josh [Alexander] was in the main event. And everybody was like, make sure you watch the monitors after the match. In my head, I was like, whatā€™s going on? Is CM Punk coming in? Because he was a free agent. Is CM Punk coming in? No way like, well, Iā€™m going to watch the monitor and then the match is over and the reveal happens and there was a reaction video and you can see me jump up, get on the chair and start chanting, TNA, TNA, TNA like with the rest of the boys. I think that was probably the most epic part of the last year for us.ā€
Moose on why he re-upped with TNA: ā€œIt was a few things. Number one, Iā€™m a very loyal person. And my relationship with Scott Dā€™Amore, honestly, I wouldnā€™t be in the position I am today if I never met Scott 10-plus years ago. So itā€™s hard for me to ever say no to him when weā€™re discussing numbers and what my future would be. Because I feel like in this business, first of all, I played in the NFL for seven-plus years. Iā€™ve made a tonne of money doing that. So money was never something precious to me. I was good with my money. You hear you hear bad stories. Luckily for me, fortunately for me, I did good. I saved a good bit. So money has never been something that rained heavy over my head like, oh, I need money. Iā€™ll stick to Scott for right now for the first reason. My relationship with Scott, playing in the NFL for so long and knowing that that business can be so cutthroat they can really let you go in any second. But my relationship with Scott is, itā€™s more than just a boss-talent relationship is almost like a big brother little brother. So heā€™s had to be my coach, be my friend and be my boss. So now I had to think about that.
If I go to AEW, I donā€™t have a relationship with Tony. So heā€™s literally just my boss. If I go to WWE, I donā€™t have a relationship with Hunter. Heā€™s really just my boss. So some of the things that some of the situations I could potentially be in are just a boss talent conversation. Where here in TNA is a friend first, a friend-friend conversation, a big brother little brother with compensation, and then thereā€™s a boss talent compensation. So I had to throw that in, that was a big decision making for me. Number two, because Iā€™ve made money playing over seven years in the NFL money wasnā€™t a huge burden for me. So going to AEW or going to WWE the money wasnā€™t attractive. And for me, the guys who know me will tell you everybody loves me, because thatā€™s my goal is to make everybody love me. But some people hate dealing with me, because my greatest gift is also my greatest curse. I take wrestling so seriously, that if Iā€™m gonna go somewhere, I know how good I am as a wrestler.
I know that In my humble opinion, Iā€™m one of a kind. I know what I could do in the ring. I know how I look physically. I know that I could talk on the mic. So if Iā€™m not in a spot that I deserve, I should be. Money is not attractive to me to get me to be happy with where Iā€™m at. I want to play, I donā€™t want this much money to be on the bench. I want to be on the field. So I had to think about that. And at that point, I donā€™t know if I was confidence confident enough to make that jump and be the starter. I donā€™t know that wrestling is one of those things that it doesnā€™t matter how talented you are. It matters how somebody perceives you. So your control is out of your hands.ā€
Moose on his personal TNA Mount Rushmore: ā€œThatā€™s easy, thatā€™s very easy. AJ Styles Jeff Jarrett, Abyss and Kurt Angle.ā€
Moose on why he uses the Flip Spear finisher: ā€œSo funny story about the spear. And itā€™s so annoying, because sometimes, the few times, I will go on Twitter. And I will see some areas like oh, you stole Bobby Lashleyā€™s move. And it was like first of all, Bobby great friend of mine. Great individual. So happy for success. But if you look at the footage of when I started doing the spear, the flipping spear I started that in Ring of Honor in 2014 and Bobby just doing a regular spear. So yeah, I didnā€™t make the spear up. Everything is stolen in wrestling from somebody. So I remember training in wrestling in 2012 and Curtis Hughes had an indie show that he just did. And was watching some of the matches in the show. And there was some guy and I canā€™t even tell you what his name is. He did a spear and he actually flipped in it. And I was like, oh my God that is so cool. I was like can you rewind that? And he rewound it and I saw it again. I was like, I think I want that to be my finish. It makes sense. Iā€™m a football player, right? Now, can I flip when I spear somebody? And I did it, it was so easy. It didnā€™t hurt my opponent. And I was like, well, thatā€™s my finisher

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The šŸļø Of Relevancy
Reigning TNA World Champion Moose recently sat down with Insight with Chris Van Vliet to discuss the recent return of the TNA brand, why he opted to stay with TNA, his finisher, and more. Below are some highlights sent to us by Insight:
Moose on the return of TNA: ā€œ[It feels] great. It is something that within the boys that weā€™ve always talked about and weā€™ve always said to each other, like, what if TNA came back and we werenā€™t Impact Wrestling anymore, and we were just TNA? I didnā€™t know personally, they never told me anything. Iā€™m the last person that finds out about anything thatā€™s going on. And I remember the night. I think Josh [Alexander] was in the main event. And everybody was like, make sure you watch the monitors after the match. In my head, I was like, whatā€™s going on? Is CM Punk coming in? Because he was a free agent. Is CM Punk coming in? No way like, well, Iā€™m going to watch the monitor and then the match is over and the reveal happens and there was a reaction video and you can see me jump up, get on the chair and start chanting, TNA, TNA, TNA like with the rest of the boys. I think that was probably the most epic part of the last year for us.ā€
Moose on why he re-upped with TNA: ā€œIt was a few things. Number one, Iā€™m a very loyal person. And my relationship with Scott Dā€™Amore, honestly, I wouldnā€™t be in the position I am today if I never met Scott 10-plus years ago. So itā€™s hard for me to ever say no to him when weā€™re discussing numbers and what my future would be. Because I feel like in this business, first of all, I played in the NFL for seven-plus years. Iā€™ve made a tonne of money doing that. So money was never something precious to me. I was good with my money. You hear you hear bad stories. Luckily for me, fortunately for me, I did good. I saved a good bit. So money has never been something that rained heavy over my head like, oh, I need money. Iā€™ll stick to Scott for right now for the first reason. My relationship with Scott, playing in the NFL for so long and knowing that that business can be so cutthroat they can really let you go in any second. But my relationship with Scott is, itā€™s more than just a boss-talent relationship is almost like a big brother little brother. So heā€™s had to be my coach, be my friend and be my boss. So now I had to think about that.
If I go to AEW, I donā€™t have a relationship with Tony. So heā€™s literally just my boss. If I go to WWE, I donā€™t have a relationship with Hunter. Heā€™s really just my boss. So some of the things that some of the situations I could potentially be in are just a boss talent conversation. Where here in TNA is a friend first, a friend-friend conversation, a big brother little brother with compensation, and then thereā€™s a boss talent compensation. So I had to throw that in, that was a big decision making for me. Number two, because Iā€™ve made money playing over seven years in the NFL money wasnā€™t a huge burden for me. So going to AEW or going to WWE the money wasnā€™t attractive. And for me, the guys who know me will tell you everybody loves me, because thatā€™s my goal is to make everybody love me. But some people hate dealing with me, because my greatest gift is also my greatest curse. I take wrestling so seriously, that if Iā€™m gonna go somewhere, I know how good I am as a wrestler.
I know that In my humble opinion, Iā€™m one of a kind. I know what I could do in the ring. I know how I look physically. I know that I could talk on the mic. So if Iā€™m not in a spot that I deserve, I should be. Money is not attractive to me to get me to be happy with where Iā€™m at. I want to play, I donā€™t want this much money to be on the bench. I want to be on the field. So I had to think about that. And at that point, I donā€™t know if I was confidence confident enough to make that jump and be the starter. I donā€™t know that wrestling is one of those things that it doesnā€™t matter how talented you are. It matters how somebody perceives you. So your control is out of your hands.ā€
Moose on his personal TNA Mount Rushmore: ā€œThatā€™s easy, thatā€™s very easy. AJ Styles Jeff Jarrett, Abyss and Kurt Angle.ā€
Moose on why he uses the Flip Spear finisher: ā€œSo funny story about the spear. And itā€™s so annoying, because sometimes, the few times, I will go on Twitter. And I will see some areas like oh, you stole Bobby Lashleyā€™s move. And it was like first of all, Bobby great friend of mine. Great individual. So happy for success. But if you look at the footage of when I started doing the spear, the flipping spear I started that in Ring of Honor in 2014 and Bobby just doing a regular spear. So yeah, I didnā€™t make the spear up. Everything is stolen in wrestling from somebody. So I remember training in wrestling in 2012 and Curtis Hughes had an indie show that he just did. And was watching some of the matches in the show. And there was some guy and I canā€™t even tell you what his name is. He did a spear and he actually flipped in it. And I was like, oh my God that is so cool. I was like can you rewind that? And he rewound it and I saw it again. I was like, I think I want that to be my finish. It makes sense. Iā€™m a football player, right? Now, can I flip when I spear somebody? And I did it, it was so easy. It didnā€™t hurt my opponent. And I was like, well, thatā€™s my finisher
Moose

Moose

Moose

Vic Damone. Jr

Don't support the phonies, support the real
Daps
Reppin
Memphis TN