11 Black-Owned Restaurants With Better Chicken Sandwiches Than Popeyes

Mtt

Superstar
Daps
11 Black-Owned Restaurants With Better Chicken Sandwiches Than Popeyes | Official Black Wall Street
11 Black-Owned Restaurants With Better Chicken Sandwiches Than Popeyes

thumbnail_IMG_5159.jpg

Aug 27 2019
News
/
0 Comment
ShareTweetSubscribe

Upon releasing their chicken sandwich, fast-food chain Popeye’s created an uproar on social media. Heated debates between fast-food fans have turned into a full out #ChickenSandwichWar on twitter. Luckily for Popeye’s, the war and the many mentions of their chicken sandwich on Twitter have generated an estimated $23 million in advertisements for the company.

While y’all were debating and mentioning Popeye’s on Twitter, we were looking for Black-Owned restaurants with chicken sandwiches to support. We have compiled a list of chicken sandwiches for you to try that will also keep Black dollars in the community. Download our app HERE to discover and review Black-owned businesses near you!

If you’re a Black entrepreneur, apply to join the OBWS community and get listed (among other perks) HERE.

Antone’s 1962 – Houston, Texas

thumbnail_IMG_5156.jpg

The historic Antone’s 1962, is known for bringing the Po-Boy to Houston. The restaurant recently partnered with Southern rap legend Bun-B to produce the “Hot Wang Sandwich”, which features fried chicken breasts drizzled in buffalo sauce topped with bacon and blue cheese-ranch dressing all on a ciabatta bun. And the best part is, some of the proceeds from the sandwich are being donated to Second Serving Houston, a non-profit organization that supplies food to charitable meal sites. The sandwich will be available until the end of September.

Roaming Rooster – Washington, D.C.
thumbnail_FullSizeRender-e1566915358978.jpg

This family-owned food truck and restaurant is best known for serving fresh grain-fed, free-range chicken. And their options for chicken sandwiches are plentiful. Some of their offerings include the “Honey Butter Fried Chicken Sandwich”, which features a buttermilk fried chicken breast drizzled with honey butter and topped with cheddar cheese. The truck also offers a classic chicken sandwich topped with a vinaigrette coleslaw.

Chocolat Restaurant & Bar – Harlem, New York

Screenshot-92.png

Chocolat Harlem is a favorite Harlem restaurant that features a menu of updated soul food, American comfort and Southern food. Widely known as a popular Harlem brunch spot, our menu includes prime meats, fresh seafood, and our famous fried chicken, accented by pairings of wines and cocktails.

The Coast Cafe – Cambridge, Massachusetts
13517423_1199081500116055_2397330089571191027_o-1024x683.jpg

The Coast Cafe, we serve America’s preeminent regional cuisine: Southern-Cooked Soul Food. From vegetarian offerings to our own slow-smoked BBQ to our mouthwatering Fried Chicken, The Coast Cafe is the perfect destination for great food.

Big Chicken Shaq – Las Vegas, Nevada

thumbnail_IMG_5159.jpg

Fresh fried chicken brought to you by NBA legend Shaquille O’Neal. Big Chicken Shaq prides itself on serving preservative-free, antibiotic-free, cage-free humanely raised chickens. The restaurant offers six different versions of the classic chicken sandwich. Some of their offerings include the “Big Aristotle”, which features Muenster cheese, fried onions, bacon and barbeque sauce. All sandwiches are served on a brioche bun.

Monroe’s Hot Chicken – Phoenix, Arizona
thumbnail_IMG_5160-e1566915430263.jpg

Monroe’s Hot Chicken offers Nashville-style chicken in downtown Phoenix. The restaurant offers two varieties of chicken sandwiches. The first being the “Fried Chicken Sandwich”, which features southern coleslaw, pickles and “kick-it-up” sauce all on a brioche bun. The second being the “Hot Chicken Belgian Waffle Sandwich”, which is drizzled with butter, syrup and dusted with powdered sugar.

SoCo Brooklyn – Brooklyn, New York
16403269_1444067895604781_6014520925172855895_o-1024x729.jpg

SoCo is a full service Southern Fusion restaurant concept in Brooklyn, NY. SoCo is equal parts restaurant and cocktail bar. The menu at SoCo is Southern Fusion, a mixture of cajun/creole, barbecue and soul food.

Lo-Lo’s Chicken & Waffles – Phoenix, AZ; Scottsdale, AZ; Gilbert, AZ
Screenshot-95.png

Lo-Lo’s Chicken & Waffles concept was born in 1997. Larry White perfected his fried chicken recipe in the back of his grandmother’s restaurant and opened his first location in 2002 in Phoenix, Ariz. Our casual dining fare features scratch-made, savory, fried chicken and sweet, syrupy waffles.

Sweet Chick – Brooklyn, NY, Manhattan, NY, Los Angeles, CA

thumbnail_IMG_5161-e1566915495380.jpg

(Photo courtesy of Coffee And Champagne)
If you’re looking for bite-sized chicken sandwich treats, then this is the right place for you. The restaurant offers fried chicken sliders that are served on mini biscuits. At east coast locations, the sliders are served spicy and at west coast locations, the sliders are served with Nashville butter and hot honey.

Richard’s Southern Fried – Atlanta, Georgia
Screenshot-97.png

Richard’s Southern Fried has quickly become the destination of choice for Nashville-style hot chicken. Located at red-hot Krog Street Market, Richard’s is helmed by chef Todd Richards, who is well-known in the Atlanta and national culinary worlds.

Chicago’s Home of Chicken & Waffles – Chicago, Illinois and Oak Park, Illinois
18222664_213808592453774_2887464859135450520_n.png

Chicago’s Home of Chicken and Waffles serves traditional Southern-style, down-home dishes just like grandma used to make. Whether you’re craving chicken and waffles for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, they’ve got an option for every palate in addition to classic sides like cornbread, mac and cheese, yams, collard greens, Cajun red beans and rice, and more.

ShareTweetSubscribe

Mandy

Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
It's mad places that have better chicken sandwiches, but I thought it had more to do with cost and convenience.

I get this Nashville hot sandwich sometimes by the house, but sadly this shyt is 12 bucks:mjcry:

shyt is mad bomb, but $12 bucks my nikka?

o.jpg

This the best chicken sandwich I've ever had, but it's also like 12 bucks, plus the lines are outrageous.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
It's mad places that have better chicken sandwiches, but I thought it had more to do with cost and convenience.

I get this Nashville hot sandwich sometimes by the house, but sadly this shyt is 12 bucks:mjcry:

o.jpg

This the best chicken sandwich I've ever had, but it's also like 12 bucks, plus the lines are outrageous.

True that. Nobody in NYC has time to get a chicken sandwhich from Sweet Chick or SoCo during their lunch break and the cost.

:mjlol:

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave

o.jpg

I don't see the point of the article, I know there are better sandwiches, I'm in LA and been wanting to try that Howling Ray's place, but the wait time ain't worth it to me, Popeyes got the best chicken sandwich for $4, that's all that matters to me

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
I've been to Chocolat & Sweet Chick...

I preferred Sweet Chick's food better...I actually know the bruh who mixes drinks there..the menu is top notch with alot of great food yes the price is higher but it's kinda worth it...they also gotta restaurant on the West Coast.

Spread Love, It's The Brooklyn Way :sas1: