14 Hours In Chicago: 25 People Shot, Including 3-Year-Old Boy

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
It's time for new leadership in Chicago because this is getting out of hand. Also, you have infiltrators coming in and popping shyt off :snoop: Progressive leadership is the key.

In a span of about 14 hours between Friday afternoon and early Saturday morning, 25 people were shot in Chicago, including a 3-year-old boy who was among seven wounded in a single attack.

One person was killed in a shooting attack — a 27-year-old man shot in the chest and arm just before 3 p.m. Friday on the South Side, Chicago police said.

The man was taken to St. Bernard Hospital in critical condition after the shooting in the 7000 block of South Sangamon Street in the Englewood neighborhood, but was later pronounced dead.

In the seven-victim shooting, six of the people shot were standing on a sidewalk around 8 p.m. in the 1600 block of West 65th Street when they were hit by gunfire, police said. The seventh person shot, a 38-year-old woman, was grazed on the arm while in a backyard. She was treated on scene.

The 3-year-old boy was rushed to Comer Children’s Hospital, where he was stabilized with a wound to the shin.

Three of the victims were treated at St. Bernard Hospital: a 30-year-old man stabilized with a wound to the leg, a 29-year-old man stabilized with a wound to the calf and a 26-year-old man stabilized with wounds to the hand and leg.

A 30-year-old man shot in the back was in serious condition at Mount Sinai Hospital, and a 27-year-old man shot in the torso was stabilized at the University of Chicago Medical Center.

Another person was killed Friday evening by what police said was a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Steven Rosenthal, 16, shot himself in the head following a foot pursuit with police in the West Side’s Lawndale neighborhood, according to Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi and the Cook County medical examiner’s office.

It started about 7 p.m. in the 1500 block of South Keeler Avenue when police “discovered” Rosenthal with a weapon. Officers attempted to question him when he led them on a brief foot pursuit. Shortly afterward, he shot himself, Guglielmi tweeted.

Rosenthal, of the block where the shooting happened, was taken in Mount Sinai Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 7:25 p.m., police and the medical examiner’s office said.

An autopsy was scheduled for Saturday.

14 hours in Chicago: 25 people shot, including 3-year-old boy

More

In other shootings:

• A 22-year-old man was in serious condition at St. Bernard Hospital after he was shot multiple times below the waist shortly before 5:30 a.m. Saturday in the 8500 block of South Morgan Street in the Gresham neighborhood.
  • A 38-year-old man was in critical condition at Stroger Hospital after he was shot in the face and leg while sitting in a parked car around 4:40 a.m. in the 5500 block of West Huron Street in the West Side’s South Austin neighborhood.
  • Around 3:15 a.m., a 17-year-old girl was grazed in her shoulder in the Logan Square neighborhood on the Northwest Side, police said. She was in a vehicle with her boyfriend in the 1900 block of North Kedzie Avenue when someone fired from a black Infiniti sedan. She was stabilized at Presence Sts. Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center.
  • A 26-year-old man was shot in the foot around 12:40 a.m. in the Oakland neighborhood on the South Side, police said. He was standing outside a vehicle in the 4100 block of South Lake Park Avenue when someone fired at him. He is in good condition at Mercy Hospital.
  • Around 12:20 a.m., a 22-year-old man was shot in the groin in the 2100 block of East 71st Street in the South Side’s South Shore neighborhood, police said. He was stabilized at the University of Chicago Medical Center.
  • A 15-year-old boy was shot in the chest by a bullet that came through the window while he sat in a home around 11:50 p.m. Friday in the 2000 block of West 68th Street in the South Side’s West Englewood neighborhood. He was in fair condition at Comer Children’s Hospital.
  • Two men, both 19, were shot in the shoulder and back while driving in a vehicle around 11:25 p.m. in the 4600 block of South Pulaski Road in the Southwest Side’s Archer Heights neighborhood, police said. Someone in a gray Jeep pulled up behind them and fired the shots. They were stabilized at Mount Sinai Hospital.
  • Around 11 p.m., a man, 35, and a woman, 23, were shot in the 700 block of North Ridgeway Avenue in the East Garfield Park neighborhood on the West Side. The man was stabilized at Mount Sinai Hospital with a wound to the torso, and the woman was stabilized at Stroger with a wound to the leg.
  • A 23-year-old man was walking in the 11600 block of South Yale Avenue in the Far South Side’s West Pullman neighborhood when someone approached him and fired shots, hitting him in the leg around 10:35 p.m., police said. He was stabilized at Metro South Medical Center.
  • A 19-year-old man was shot in the leg around 9:50 p.m. in the 1300 block of East 75th Street in the Grand Crossing neighborhood on the South Side, police said. He was stabilized at the University of Chicago Medical Center.
  • Around 9:20 p.m., a 17-year-old boy was about to get in a vehicle when someone on foot fired at him, hitting him in the chest in the 12100 block of South Lafayette Avenue in the West Pullman neighborhood on the Far South Side. He took himself to Roseland Community Hospital but was transferred to Comer Children’s Hospital.
  • At 9:13 p.m., a 15-year-old boy was shot in the 3400 block of West Walnut Street in East Garfield Park. He was taken to Stroger, where he was in good condition.
  • A 23-year-old man was shot in the buttock and left side in the West Side’s West Garfield Park neighborhood in the 4700 block of West Harrison Street shortly before 5:25 p.m. He was in good condition at Mount Sinai.
  • A 20-year-old man was shot in the 3300 block of West 31st Street in the Little Village neighborhood on the Southwest Side, also about 5:25 p.m. He was taken to St. Anthony Hospital, where his condition had stabilized.
14 hours in Chicago: 25 people shot, including 3-year-old boy

JLova

Veteran
Daps
This is just wild. If you go there and stay in the downtown area, you'd have no idea that there was so much terror there. I was walking around like "damn I could live here" that's how impressed I was. One thing I notice though is so many black homeless people. That shyt struck us as odd. I saw like 1 homeless person vs 30 black.

I hope things get resolved there, but how?

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
The grim reaper is working double overtime out there....:huhldup:

At every turn...you got the potential to be food out there. Get caught slippin goin to your wheel....food...:demonic:

Get caught drivin up the wrong street or stopped at the wrong light....:demonic:

It's too many random acts of violence too. If you got kids out there...you gotta do whatever u gotta do to get dem TF outta there...:huhldup:

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
This is just wild. If you go there and stay in the downtown area, you'd have no idea that there was so much terror there. I was walking around like "damn I could live here" that's how impressed I was. One thing I notice though is so many black homeless people. That shyt struck us as odd. I saw like 1 homeless person vs 30 black.

I hope things get resolved there, but how?

the mayor would rather spend $95 million on a police academy instead of investing in services it continues to close down i.e. mental hospitals, health clinics etc.

NPR Choice page

^ grassroots/community efforts made this possible

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
Yo wtf is/has been going on in Chicago???

I just talked about this earlier, seriously???

Coli Chicago brehs enlighten an East Coast nicca, this is just sad at this point

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
you'd have no idea that there was so much terror there.
That's pretty much the point

1600 block of West 65th Street

7000 block of South Sangamon

That's two of the main spots in this story and both got something in common with majority of these shootings, they all take place within the same perimeters.

Both are englewood area locations....There's about 4-5 very specific locations on the south side where damn near all the violence takes place. A major reason chicago seems to be "numb" is because a lot of block folk are straight up not in the vicinity. Its the same community getting hit up, not the whole south side as a whole.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Brothers and Sisters in Chicago are gonna HAVE to tell us how we can help them. I'm not in Chicago and have no idea what's actually going on out there. Aside from bait trucks and extreme amounts of murder.