#1619 Project: NYT's The 1619 Issue - The Entire Group of Essays

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
@ahdsend , both of those YTers say that current Black (owned) media is useless and they celebrate the demise of Ebony and other Black platforms. In the same breath, they complain about white media giving African American scholars a platform to trace and detail the history of THEIR ancestors in the United States.

The youtubers call themselves the "new Black media" but what exactly do they do besides complain from the sidelines?

ahdsend

Superstar
Daps
@ahdsend , both of those YTers say that current Black (owned) media is useless and they celebrate the demise of Ebony and other Black platforms. In the same breath, they complain about white media giving African American scholars a platform to trace and detail the history of THEIR ancestors in the United States.

The youtubers call themselves the "new Black media" but what exactly do they do besides complain from the sidelines?

probably not trusting the source, remember the ny times coverage of mike brown's murder, calling him "no angel"

the new black media is unapologetic, their agenda is to serve the people, the grassroots..

they call out alotta the BS in mainstream media, where we've been mentally conditioned for so long to accept it as "normal"

i might not agree with every little thing said 100%, but as long as the end goal is the same that's what counts

this ain't just internet chit chat, it's about organizing with like minded people offline and getting things done wherever you are locally..

dr. claud anderson in powernomics wrote an excellent guide for how black folks gotta come together economically & politically

and from there we can get into the judicial system and media, to combat the murders & subsequent character assassinations of victims of police violence

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
probably not trusting the source, remember the ny times coverage of mike brown's murder, calling him "no angel"

the new black media is unapologetic, their agenda is to serve the people, the grassroots..

they call out alotta the BS in mainstream media, where we've been mentally conditioned for so long to accept it as "normal"

i might not agree with every little thing said 100%, but as long as the end goal is the same that's what counts

this ain't just internet chit chat, it's about organizing with like minded people offline and getting things done wherever you are locally..

dr. claud anderson in powernomics wrote an excellent guide for how black folks gotta come together economically & politically

and from there we can get into the judicial system and media, to combat the murders & subsequent character assassinations of victims of police violence

ok, we disagree. I think their endgoal is to generate traffic to their platforms...and to try to dumb down Black people.
They can't replace the old Black media because they aren't journalists, they don't report stories, and they don't fact check.

ahdsend

Superstar
Daps
ok, we disagree. I think their endgoal is to generate traffic to their platforms...and to try to dumb down Black people.
They can't replace the old Black media because they aren't journalists, they don't report stories, and they don't fact check.

yea we definitely disagree here..

they do more than report stories, i see them bringing to light & exposing alotta issues the white media ignores..

cuz if it was up to the corporate mainstream, black folks would be suffering in silence, like during slavery..

if anything it's the mainstream that's dumbing us down & misleading us, but we're so conditioned to accept it as normal

in the documentary gentrified, jason black talked about how philando castile was killed driving thru falcon heights..

murdered by jeronimo yanez, a st. anthony's police officer

adding up st anthony, lauderdale, and falcon heights numbers, black folks are only 7% of the population, whites 78%

but in 2015, black folks were 41% of arrests, whites only 53%

makes you ask how is 7% of the population getting arrested 41% of the time? :mjpls:

it was even worse the next year in 2016.. black folks were 47% of those arrested, whites only 46%

despite whites outnumbering blacks folks 11 to 1

basically their black population doubled in 10 years, from 3% to 7%

and the dominant society is trying to stop it with these brute force tactics, like in the old days of public lynchings

it's a demonic strategy to intimidate other black folks not to go around there

enforcing a sundown town rule ONLY for us

and as a result the falcon heights housing market rose 13% in a year..

Necrocapitalism, Or, THE VALUE OF BLACK DEATH by Kwame Holmes

there's other examples where jason black exposed ferguson's politics after mike brown's murder..

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
yea we definitely disagree here..

they do more than report stories, i see them bringing to light & exposing alotta issues the white media ignores..

cuz if it was up to the corporate mainstream, black folks would be suffering in silence, like during slavery..

if anything it's the mainstream that's dumbing us down & misleading us, but we're so conditioned to accept it as normal

in the documentary gentrified, jason black talked about how philando castile was killed driving thru falcon heights..

murdered by jeronimo yanez, a st. anthony's police officer

adding up st anthony, lauderdale, and falcon heights numbers, black folks are only 7% of the population, whites 78%

but in 2015, black folks were 41% of arrests, whites only 53%

makes you ask how is 7% of the population getting arrested 41% of the time? :mjpls:

it was even worse the next year in 2016.. black folks were 47% of those arrested, whites only 46%

despite whites outnumbering blacks folks 11 to 1

basically their black population doubled in 10 years, from 3% to 7%

and the dominant society is trying to stop it with these brute force tactics, like in the old days of public lynchings

it's a demonic strategy to intimidate other black folks not to go around there

enforcing a sundown town rule ONLY for us

and as a result the falcon heights housing market rose 13% in a year..

Necrocapitalism, Or, THE VALUE OF BLACK DEATH by Kwame Holmes

there's other examples where jason black exposed ferguson's politics after mike brown's murder..

By report , I mean actually reporting a story
who,what,when,where,why
interviews and quotes...either done by you or taken from a wire service

I appreciate you listing the vids , but I'm not on facebook...so they are not visible

Those guys are coli famous, so I've seen/heard enough from them to draw conclusion about them not covering stories.

Just for a laugh, I watched the part of tn's video you cued to.....and had to stop when he said that the 1619 Project essays from ACTUAL scholars were "pretty much bullet points taken from hidden colors series".

2018-08-02-metro-perry-STEM-college-graduates-photo.jpg

Last edited: