'17 Goals & Aspirations

tater

Superstar
Daps
So, last year I made a few personal goals for myself. I was sitting around thinking about how much I didn't accomplish, but thought back to what I wanted to do and realized I have lol! I also didn't really remember all of them :francis:.

So I figured it would be nice to have a thread with your goals you can come back and check on or at least put things on "paper" (I'll be doing this as well) so they become more tangible.

I will say one of my goals was to lose 20 pounds but I've lost 40! :gladbron: I'm pretty happy about that. Also, I've gotten all A's in my classes except trig lol. I remember I made a thread here asking for help and everyone berated me and laughed :sadcam:. I got a B, which is cool I suppose.

For 2017 I want to:

-become more organized
-maybe purchase a house
-budget my money better
-tone up and lose maybe 15 more pounds
-finish up all my pre reqs
-transfer schools
-take one international and two domestic trips (this is my yearly goal every year) I've already booked my international trip :thumbsup:
-be more social
-focus on my hobbies instead of wasting time.
-learn more Spanish
-read at least 20 books
-do more nature activities

I'm sure I'll have more, but these are the ones I've been contemplating during 2016.

The new year is almost here! What do you all want to accomplish? What did you accomplish in '16?

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
-Lose weight.
- Stop lending money to people.
- Start collecting the money owed to me, verbally or physically.

All three doable as shyt, with the third one being the only one I'm actively pushing to make happen.:demonic:

TL15

Veteran
Daps
For 2017 I want to:

-become more organized
-maybe purchase a house
-budget my money better
-tone up and lose maybe 15 more pounds
-transfer schools
-take one international and two domestic trips (this is my yearly goal every year) I've already booked my international trip :thumbsup:
-be more social
-focus on my hobbies instead of wasting time.
-learn more Spanish
-read at least 20 books
-do more nature activities

I'm sure I'll have more, but these are the ones I've been contemplating during 2016.

The new year is almost here! What do you all want to accomplish? What did you accomplish in '16?

Make your goals MORE specific. If you want to truly achieve your goals, make them as binary (yes, no) as possible. Here is how I would "rewrite" them

become more organized = Buy a personal organizer and file my papers by subject once per week.
-maybe purchase a house = purchase a house
-budget my money better= save X amount of dollars
-tone up and lose maybe 15 more pounds= tone up and go from X weight to X weight - 15 lbs
-transfer schools = Transfer to (specific) school
-be more social= meet a new person/ make a new friend every month
-focus on my hobbies instead of wasting time.= spend X amount of hours per week on my hobbies
-learn more Spanish = learn X new Spanish words per (day/week)
-read at least 20 books
-do more nature activities = Spend one day per 2 weeks outdoors in nature

I'm not saying this to be an ass at all. Look up "SMART" goals and it's a great way to structure your goals so that they are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely. It's done wonders for my goal setting

As for me

Become an NFL Agent
Put away 1000 per month
Take no fewer than one international Trip (Japan.. booked :blessed:) and one "pure pleasure" domestic trip
Buy a microsoft surface tab :whew: for myself for my birthday in July
Pay my mom's rent for 8 months (an increase from this year's 6 months)
Live to see 2018

:salute: breh

Black Sinatra

Raised Glass to the Squandered Potentials..
Daps
Reppin
DSGB
Good timing with this thread, as I was getting my 11 year old to write down hers last night. :ohhh:

I have drifted away from internal adjustments this year in favor of tangible financial and professional headway. It cost me personal happiness, so going forward.

1. Go Vegan
2. Repair fractured relationship.
:usure:...or
3. Commit to allowing relationship to conclude.
4. Not relapse into depression...again.
5. Start Youtube channel....:lupe:

tater

Superstar
Daps
Make your goals MORE specific. If you want to truly achieve your goals, make them as binary (yes, no) as possible. Here is how I would "rewrite" them

become more organized = Buy a personal organizer and file my papers by subject once per week.
-maybe purchase a house = purchase a house
-budget my money better= save X amount of dollars
-tone up and lose maybe 15 more pounds= tone up and go from X weight to X weight - 15 lbs
-transfer schools = Transfer to (specific) school
-be more social= meet a new person/ make a new friend every month
-focus on my hobbies instead of wasting time.= spend X amount of hours per week on my hobbies
-learn more Spanish = learn X new Spanish words per (day/week)
-read at least 20 books
-do more nature activities = Spend one day per 2 weeks outdoors in nature

I'm not saying this to be an ass at all. Look up "SMART" goals and it's a great way to structure your goals so that they are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely. It's done wonders for my goal setting

As for me

Become an NFL Agent
Put away 1000 per month
Take no fewer than one international Trip (Japan.. booked :blessed:) and one "pure pleasure" domestic trip
Buy a microsoft surface tab :whew: for myself for my birthday in July
Pay my mom's rent for 8 months (an increase from this year's 6 months)
Live to see 2018

:salute: breh

Seriously, thank you! I really need to do better for myself. I'm just skating along you know?

Very helpful. I'll write them down on paper and edit my post.

Where are you going in Japan?

tater

Superstar
Daps
-Lose weight.
- Stop lending money to people.
- Start collecting the money owed to me, verbally or physically.

All three doable as shyt, with the third one being the only one I'm actively pushing to make happen.:demonic:

Why not take up boxing or some martial art to help in your physical money collection scheme? That way you can kill two birds with one stone. :smile: