2/22 UFC Auckland: Hooker vs Felder

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
That was the right decision. Hooker stole the fight with the takedowns.

I will say though that Dan Hooker is one of the slowest fighters I've ever seen - I'm talking heavyweight slow. But he must hit really hard because he looks like he's just touching his opponent but is busting them up.

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
Close fight that could have went either way 3-2, using the strike stats is silly when a fighter can have a decided avantage in one round. This isn't Pride rules.

it's not silly. those strikes can also be broken down each round in which Felder won 3-2 in that case.

if this fight had been in the Philadelphia, the judges would have ruled it for Felder. that's a fact. the biggest issue isn't about who won, it's about the judges never being consistent and showing hometown favoritism.

• Dap
Reactions: dza

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
Hooker looked meh he was trying to pace himself but then Felder broke his jaw and he got tired anyway. Still thought he won the fight though it was 2-2 and that last takedown won it

Kokoro

Passion
Supporter
Daps
All the lightweights ranked 4 and higher smash Hooker

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I thought it was boring.

It felt like 2 mins of action in a 25min fight.
Ur buggin they were taggin each other the entire fight. Felders eye swollen shyt and Hooker lookin like he got an Ed, Edd & Eddy jawbreaker inside his mouth didn't happen out of nowhere

Those jabs and straights were not soft at all but if were expecting big looping hooks and wild uppercuts i can see why you didnt appreciate that scrap

Vilify

Superstar
Daps
Ur buggin they were taggin each other the entire fight. Felders eye swollen shyt and Hooker lookin like he got an Ed, Edd & Eddy jawbreaker inside his mouth didn't happen out of nowhere

Those jabs and straights were not soft at all but if were expecting big looping hooks and wild uppercuts i can see why you didnt appreciate that scrap

Neither fighter committed to their shots enough. It was mostly pitty patter stuff.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it's not silly. those strikes can also be broken down each round in which Felder won 3-2 in that case.

if this fight had been in the Philadelphia, the judges would have ruled it for Felder. that's a fact. the biggest issue isn't about who won, it's about the judges never being consistent and showing hometown favoritism.
So since the official stats have been released following the "unofficial live stats" showing Hooker outlanded Felder, I wonder do you still believe that whoever landed the most strikes over 5 rounds should be declared the winner?

Stats | UFC