2007 was such an overlooked year in music

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People look back at 2007 and judge the whole year based on novelty hits. Somebody said 2005 was one of the GOAT years and that year had "Laffy Taffy" and it was the beginning of all those snap songs popping off. Come on now. I am not saying 2005 wasn't dope, but it's like judging one year based on one extreme and overlooking the same extreme in another year.

2007 still had Graduation, American Gangster, Underground Kingz, Rich Boy's debut, the 50 Cent vs. Kanye battle, Pharoahe Monch's Desire, Talib Kweli's Ear Drum, Common's Finding Forever, Lupe's The Cool, Scarface's Made, and a lot of other albums that were dope.

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
Not a list of songs I feel compelled to listen to

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
People look back at 2007 and judge the whole year based on novelty hits. Somebody said 2005 was one of the GOAT years and that year had "Laffy Taffy" and it was the beginning of all those snap songs popping off. Come on now. I am not saying 2005 wasn't dope, but it's like judging one year based on one extreme and overlooking the same extreme in another year.

2007 still had Graduation, American Gangster, Underground Kingz, Rich Boy's debut, the 50 Cent vs. Kanye battle, Pharoahe Monch's Desire, Talib Kweli's Ear Drum, Common's Finding Forever, Lupe's The Cool, Scarface's Made, and a lot of other albums that were dope.

2005 had Most Known Unknown, Documentary, Late Registration, The People’s Champ, Be, The Massacre, The B.Coming, Minstrel Show, Who Is Mike Jones, Sound Of Revenge, Monkey Barz, Carter II (I don’t mess with Wayne, but that was a legit album), Thug Motivation 101, and several other under the radar albums. Lil Jon was still all over the radio. Every coast was shining. 2007 was literally the middle of the mainstream descent that started in 2006, which ironically, was Lil Wayne’s fault. He whored himself out completely from 2006-2009. So no, I wasn’t going to the extremes with any one of those years. 2005 was goatlevel for underground, mainstream and the club scene.

Last edited:

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
If you was in the clubs it was fun as shyt. Right before the Molly era aka the goat era hit

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
TBH I prefer those years over the current day "drill" era.
Yep, Classic example of it can always be worse. Truthfully 06 was a really good year and 07 had some classics(Flashing Lights), but 08 is where you could see the decline starting to take shape.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
2007 was the twilight years of eras beginning and ending.

Dipset made its last run before Curtis broke them up.

50 Lost to Kanye in that sales battle and deaded the G Unit brand altogether.

Kanye dropped Graduation, which sparked a whole slew of rappers of the everyday man vibe.

Lupe dropped his 2nd album, and it made a lot of people notice him afterwards....

Jay-Z dropped American Gangster

Beans dropped his first flop

The south continued its 1 hit wonder run