2016-2017 Premier League Season Thread....and it's LIVE!

Who will win the 2016-17 Premier League title?

• Arsenal

• Chelsea

• Leicester City (current champions)

• Liverpool

• Manchester City

• Manchester United

• Tottenham Hotspur

• West Ham United

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
Premier-League-new-launch.jpg

It's back! Another season of Premier League football, and you'll notice a logo change too. For the first time since 2001, the Premier League will resume without their title sponsor Barclays, and are now attempting to brand themselves akin to the system utilised for different sporting leagues in the USA.

515653.jpg

As we all know, Leicester City pulled off a shocking upset last year, and are the current reigning champions of probably the most prestigious domestic league tournament in Europe. Can they retain? How will the demands of the UEFA Champions League impact their progress in this competition? How much of a target will be on their backs from other competitors?

premier_league_2016_17_by_fristajlere-da4zmyd.jpg

Lo and behold...the new season. So much happened in the pre-season. Three of the teams that are predicted to contend for next season have new managers at the helm (Man Utd, Man City & Chelsea). Players have moved in and out of clubs and across different leagues. There's been a huge shake-up that has made this season the most anticipated yet in Premier League history.

This is the official Premier League website: Premier League Football News, Fixtures, Scores & Results

Here you can regularly check the tables, find out the fixtures and see which ones are being broadcasted where etc. (for UK viewers), and just follow general news and even play fantasy football if you're into that.

There are alternative websites you can use like SkySports, BBC Sport, Yahoo Eurosport and so on.

If y'all want me to add any sorts of information to the OP, let me know and I'll make the necessary edits.

Good luck to all teams participating this year! May the best team win.
thumb_22369_default_news_size_5.jpeg

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
voted for Arsenal, just based on sympathy though... probably we woN't

I figured most people will just vote for their favourite team lol

but we know where Arsenal gonna finish
:francis:

what d'you make of your team heading into this new season?

Fenian

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Govan
As far as English football goes I tend to lean towards Liverpool but as much as I hate them I really can't see past city this season. Reckon they'll run away with it.

Man U might be in with a shout with Pogba and mourinho but they need more imo, will be interesting to see how rashford does too, was pretty good in his limited euro appearances.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I figured most people will just vote for their favourite team lol

but we know where Arsenal gonna finish
:francis:

what d'you make of your team heading into this new season?
We all know?
We were 2nd last season. That 4th place isn't written in stone :manny:

I missed the striker and cb signings, also a real DM would be good, too many "would-s" :francis:

Fenian

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Govan
We all know?

I missed the striker and cb signings, also a real DM would be good, too many "would-s" :francis:

Arsenal should have gone for wanyama, lad is a fukking beast defensively and has some shot on him when he's allowed to get forward. Can fill in nicely at centre half as well.

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
We all know?

I think winning the league isn't set in stone lol...but I actually think this year you'll finish 4th again. In fact idk if you're even good enough for top 4 (no shade) but Arsenal find a way to qualify for CL every year so it's a safe bet.

Until Wenger isn't too stubborn to spend, Arsenal will it hard to contend in this new era.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I think winning the league isn't set in stone lol...but I actually think this year you'll finish 4th again. In fact idk if you're even good enough for top 4 (no shade) but Arsenal find a way to qualify for CL every year so it's a safe bet.

Until Wenger isn't too stubborn to spend, Arsenal will it hard to contend in this new era.
Yeah I can see why you sy that with all our rivals had more major moveson the transfer market, new coaches ans shyt...

Are you a United fan though? You voted for them
I doN't think they will win. Mourinho is past prime if not washed and I think severely overrated at this point. Idk how some people still expect that guy to make wonders. Eve if he will be successful it will probably last only one year after that his character will become a problem again he will start to fight people he shouldn't and etc...

Sure they had some nice signings but I just don't see them suddenly compose a good team. We will see.

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
Yeah I can see why you sy that with all our rivals had more major moveson the transfer market, new coaches ans shyt...

Are you a United fan though? You voted for them
I doN't think they will win. Mourinho is past prime if not washed and I think severely overrated at this point. Idk how some people still expect that guy to make wonders. Eve if he will be successful it will probably last only one year after that his character will become a problem again he will start to fight people he shouldn't and etc...

Sure they had some nice signings but I just don't see them suddenly compose a good team. We will see.

I'm a United fan I kinda voted more outta hope than expectation but I really do think at least top 2. If we don't win, maybe City.

I don't think it's a Mourinho tactical issue I'm worried about chemistry and how he plays with the dynamics of this club from giving youth a chance to playing a dynamic style of attacking football that we've played for years with Fergie etc. But guy is a proven winner, and at this point I'll take 38 1-0 wins if it means us winning the league again.

Hopefully his character holds out. I imagine if things go awry, our players won't be as immature as Chelsea's and completely throw matches away to prove a point. Our squad is top 2/3 in the league so we should finish somewhere in that region.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
hope Leicester will still go strong

they did a nice job with keeping the important players so far, except Kante, but they got Mendy we will see if he can makeup for Kante's departure

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
hope Leicester will still go strong

they did a nice job with keeping the important players so far, except Kante, but they got Mendy we will see if he can makeup for Kante's departure

Top 6 for them potentially. They have Musa who is lightning quick. Leicester on the counter attack...
:merchant: